Sr. Cost Accountant
Location: Greenfield, IN
The Senior Cost Accountant / Financial Analyst is responsible for cost accounting, material cost analysis, quoting and various financial reporting. This individual also participates in the forecast and budgeting process. This individual is also responsible for ad hoc projects as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Plan, study, and collect data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor.
● Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost
● Analyze actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs
● Record cost information for use in controlling expenditures
● Analyze audits of costs and preparing reports
● Make estimates of new and proposed product costs
● Prepare quotations for cost of large projects and analysis post close out
● Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
● Maintain Cost Accounting System
● Assist with Month end close of the General Ledger
● Assist with physical inventories and cycle count program
● Reconcile finished goods inventories
● Compile project costs and analyze variances
● Travel to manufacturing facilities on an as needed basis
● Assist with standardized reporting database used for internal reporting
● Supervise cost accountant