The Sr. Director of Client Management is a highly visible role responsible to develop and execute an OptumRx business strategy with the Labor and Trust client base. The Sr. Director is responsible for managing a team of Strategic Account Executives who maintain, enhance and deepen strategic client relationships for designated account(s) and are directly responsible for growth through renewals, retention and additional business across our set of solutions, while ensuring client satisfaction. This key leadership position develops and coaches their team to build senior level, sustainable client relationships. The team provides innovative and on-going relationship management support as well as driving growth and client satisfaction, across a complex and highly visible set of clients.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develop and execute on a strategy to drive OptumRx services, build pipeline, enhance close ratios for new and existing business
- Develops relationships with clients and understand clients’ unique needs to leverage our board product portfolio to provide solutions
- Responsible to develop thoughtful account plans and proactively target and pursue cross sell and up sell opportunities
- Create a strategic client management organization that leverages all assets and relationships within the organization to thoroughly understand each prospect’s culture, organizational needs and decision makers and translates that knowledge into highly targeted and effective pipeline creation and sales closure
- Make presentations to clients and educate prospects on solutions
- Partner effectively with multiple internal business stakeholders to design leading edge solutions that meet market need and leverage both existing product and upcoming innovations
- Regularly engage strategic, key and channel accounts in business planning sessions
- Keep the organization informed of market needs, product requirements, competitive information, account specific initiatives and other knowledge essential for our business efforts. Push the organization to act to deliver capabilities that enable growth
- Recognize service issues at global levels, raise internal awareness, and facilitate response in partnership with internal stakeholders
- Monitor client satisfaction and manage accounts for overall revenue retention and growth targets
- Identify and constructively communicate the need for improvements or enhancements in products and services offered to clients
- Maintain a broad understanding of Optum’s portfolio of solutions
- Install a process to ensure Account Executives are educated with the most relevant & current industry knowledge to position themselves are thought leaders with their clients
- Develop and maintain key internal and matrix relationships
- Coach account team to build effective internal/external relationships that enable them to respond quickly to emerging customer opportunities, and provide for seamless execution of the company's business processes that exceed customer expectations
- Recruit, hire and monitor performance of account team, ensuring appropriate training and development is provided to newly hired employees; provide for ongoing training of staff and ensure strong employee engagement.
- Effectively selects and aligns talent with the capabilities needed to achieve long term goals
- Effectively represent Our United Culture and demonstrates UHC’s values internally and externally
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 10+ years of PBM experience
- 5+ years of strategic client relationship management experience working with senior - level c - suite executives and demonstrating progressively increasing responsibility
- 3+ years of leadership experience managing direct reports
- Recent experience managing a budget and/or P&L
- 2+ years of experience working with and evaluating contracts
- Demonstrated progressively increasing responsibility for client relationship management and consultation
- Demonstrated ability to message, position, and present information for maximum customer impact and influence
- Excellent negotiation / influence, collaboration, and listening skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills and ability to build credibility to gain the respect and confidence of clients and consultants
- Proven track record as a leader who can effectively build high performing teams and develop strong relationships within a multi-functional, complex organization, while leading the organization through change/transformation
- Self-starter and able to effectively navigate a complex, matrixed organization
- Financial acumen and experience
- Ability to travel up to 50% (currently only essential travel is approved on a case by case basis and normal business travel is expected to resume in 2022)
- Bachelor’s degree
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $120,000 t0 $205,000. “Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance.”Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Director, Client Management, Labor & Trust, PBM, Leadership, P&L, Budget, Contracts, Travel, Telecommute