We power the world’s most trusted automotive marketplaces through innovation, technology and people.
KAR Global (NYSE: KAR) provides sellers and buyers across the global wholesale used vehicle industry with innovative, technology-driven remarketing solutions. KAR Global’s unique end-to-end platform supports whole car, financing, logistics and other ancillary and related services, including the sale of nearly 3.8 million units valued at approximately $40 billion through our auctions in 2019. Our integrated physical, online and mobile marketplaces reduce risk, improve transparency and streamline transactions for customers in more than 80 countries. Headquartered in Carmel, Indiana, KAR Global has more than 10,000 employees across the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom and Europe.
Reporting to the SVP of Human Resources (HR) and EVP & Chief Digital Officer, the Senior Director of HR will partner with Technology, Digital, Customer Experience and Business Unit Leadership to develop a human capital strategy and support model to aid in delivering business objectives. This person will provide HR leadership, strategy, and consultative people related advice on business issues and will provide perspective and recommendations on productivity and improvement. They will also partner with talent acquisition resources, another shared services, to deliver on the organization’s needs. Finally, they will work collaboratively with assigned organizations and other human resources peers to develop and execute plans to design, build and grow high performing teams and contribute to cross functional HR initiatives, balancing business unit and enterprise wide people needs. Ultimately this person will need to champion a high growth, innovative culture.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Develop an understanding of assigned team’s business and goals. Translate business requirements into a people strategy for the development of needed programs. Partner with leaders in socializing, tracking progress, and managing change associated with programs.
- Serve as an expert on human resources issues, employee relations issues, and/or employee concerns regarding established and non-established procedures.
- Build solid relationships with leaders and management teams. Consult with, advise, and support transformation and change initiatives, people decisions and actions, talent management and development, org design, reward optimization, workforce planning, HR info and analysis, culture management, diversity, and HR programs and services.
- Collaborate and partner with enterprise Diversity, Equality and Inclusion teams and priorities.
- Evaluate and implement management and leadership training needs and develop programs that focus on the continual improvement of skills throughout the organization.
- Identify emerging human resource challenges within the team and serve as a change agent to sponsor and create improvement solutions with business impact.
- Drive engagement strategy and activities to ensure “great to place work” environment and consistent improvement of employee net promoter scores
- Work with leaders to develop HR models and forecasts re: leadership bench strength, organization capability, etc. to provide insights/recommendations.
- Understand talent demand and supply in the segment. Work with talent acquisition resources to create and execute on a plan to meet business requirements, working closely with the functional leaders where responsibilities intersect.
- Assist in the administration of the Company’s talent management program across the enterprise.
- The above duties are not meant to restrict, but rather to define, minimum activities. These duties may be altered to suit the needs of the company as needed.
Educational Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of broad based human resources experience, five (5) of which must be at the management level. Previous HR experience supporting technology organizations strongly preferred.
- Must have knowledge of principles and practices of HR administration, policies, procedures, and employment law.
- Must have the ability to interact with internal business partners to define, design and develop solutions to HR issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal skills; active listening and a collaborative work style.
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of products and have the ability to learn all required business systems.
- Goal, metric and results-oriented, with the ability to establish a strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and enthusiasm among the teams with which he/she interacts.
- Must have experience and advanced skills in the following areas: interpersonal, counseling, coaching, consulting, human relations skills, mediation, conflict management, including but not limited to, fostering confidentiality, ethics/ integrity, trust, credibility, objectivity, adaptability, a sense of urgency and loyalty.