Logistics done differently.
Ranked as the #1 North American logistics company according to Transport Topics, XPO Logistics is among the most admired companies in the world according to Fortune Magazine. As the Senior Finance Manager, you will act as a primary contact for regional operational performance while developing solutions and strategies in complicated or unique situations. Become a part of our fast-growing, dynamic team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Responsible for all financial aspects of customer account including the cost model and pricing-related activities
- Liaison with implementations, purchasing and site operations to provide direction and guidance on cost model assumptions and identify variances to planned implementation and capital spending
- Responsible for identifying out of scope activities, assist with work order generation and explain bases of pricing changes to customer as needed
- Ensure profitability targets are being met, including evaluating potential return on invested capital for proposed projects
- Work with HR, Account Management and Operations to set and track targets for pricing and wage increases
- Evaluate the work content of operational processes (e.g., work center-level labor standards) and compare against original assumptions
- Interpret large volumes of operational data and prepare forecast accuracy reporting
- Create templates and deliverables for operational/financial KPIs; utilize KPIs to ensure the success of initiatives related to operational performance, price, automation savings, cost savings, predictability and forecast accuracy
- Identify methods to monitor performance against original assumptions; convert pricing models to operational forecasts/targets/budgets
- Develop detective controls and predictive indicators
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business, or equivalent related work or military experience
- 5 years of experience in financial analysis, financial/strategic planning, accounting and/or budgeting
- Experience evaluating systems of internal control
- Microsoft Office and analytic software experience, including performing database collection, using software programs to gather data for modeling and making meaningful use of data
- Experience developing and preparing capital and operating budgets
- Experience monitoring budgets and identifying problem areas; conducting research into causes and corrective actions, and making appropriate recommendations
It'd be great if you also have:
- Master's degree and/or CPA certification
- 7 years of experience in financial analysis, financial/strategic planning, accounting and/or budgeting
- Background in logistics, transportation, warehousing and/or distribution
- The ability to learn and understand functionality of multiple logistics-related systems (warehouse, transportation, shipment management systems, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with information technology functional areas, including operations, marketing, sales, pricing, project management, human resources and information systems operations
- Thorough knowledge of financial monitoring/control, and general ledger and accounts payable processes and procedures
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.