Vaco is working with a fantastic client who has a need for a Fixed Asset Accountant for a contract position. The position is located in the Indianapolis area.
Senior Fixed Asset Accountant
The Senior Fixed Asset Accountant main responsibilities will be, fixed assets accounting (both tangible and intangible), In addition, the fixed asset accountant will be involved in financial and operational analysis and day to day accounting/audit operation functions relating to compliance with government agencies, as well as different accounting projects as they arise.
- Oversees the fixed assets system and manages all fixed assets transactions (additions, deletions); runs and records depreciation for all fixed assets.
- Reconciles fixed asset accounts and prepare roll forward for the cash flow statement.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets, and assist external auditors in their inquiries.
- Responsible for tracking costs of major projects, using Project Accounting or other tool and reconciling Project Accounting to the GL.
- Assists VP of Finance in any real assets, personal assets and construction cost related tasks and projects.
- Supports VP of Finance and other managers and executives, per requests, with the reports from the systems the position maintains.
- Ensure company's capital policy is enforced and approves all capital invoices.
- Keep informed about all ongoing capital projects and work closely with departments to ensure correct accounting treatment of capital and costs.
- Draft procedures and prepare memos per the VP of Finance request and supervision
- Recommend and assist in process improvements to identify efficiency gains that impact not only the department, but the over all support offices
- Audit all requests for accuracy and adherence to the company policy and implement any needed changes
- Bachelor degree with 6+ years of related experience
- Strong understanding of accounting and GAAP
- Prior experience working with larger GL systems is preferred
- Able to review the monthly financial statements and perform research per assignment.
- Problem solving skills
- Able to work independently with high attention to detail and with confidentiality.
- Possess effective skills for managing projects and making business decisions.
- Business analytic skills to translate information/data into usable forms.
- Skills to design, develop and implement methodology for gathering and querying data.
- Able to manage the time and keep up with financial policies, regulation and legislation
- Advance Excel experience