ECS is seeking a Senior Java Developer to work in our Indianapolis, IN office.
This role is part of a high-performing team dedicated to excellence in support of our customer in providing software development, systems engineering, and O&M services for a myriad of highly complex, Government-designed and Government-owned enterprise business-critical systems relating to Financial Management, Human Resources Management, Integrated Pay and Personnel Management for the USMC, Navy, and across the DoD.
As a Senior Java Developer on the team, you will have the opportunity to conceptualize, design and develop new Java-based business applications, components, and interfaces as well as to enhance and provide maintenance for existing applications. You will be expected to be the expert in your field and provide guidance and leadership to apprentice and mid-level developers.
- U.S. Citizen
- Eligibility to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related area preferred.
- Three years of relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Proven ability to deliver high-quality Java-based applications using Object Oriented design and development concepts
- 6+ years of applicable development experience
- Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, understanding potential impacts of design requirements, and the ability to make and defend logical decisions
- Must be proactive and be a logical thinker.
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task and use technical & creative problem solving
- Java (Spring, JSF, JMS, Struts, XML, SOAP, WebServices)
- Oracle 11g
- Bash scripting
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.