As a trusted partner to our client, Converge Technology Solutions is looking to hire a full-time Senior Network Engineer and Firewall SME on a W2 basis. You will initially be working remotely, but you must be within driving distance to the State of Indiana, per our client's request. You will work as part of a global organization with primary responsibilities to include, but not limited to, day-to-day operations of patching / remediation and functioning as the primary SME for Palo Alto Firewalls.
- Minimum six years related Network Engineer experience in a Cisco environment to include in-depth background in Routing and Switching.
- Expert or Advanced level of experience with Palo Alto firewalls (i.e. ability to function as the Palo Alto SME).
- Managing patching - network environment.
- Excellent understanding of layer 2 and 3 protocols.
- Ability to gather data, perform analysis and summarize for presenting to management.
- Experience with SD-WAN and cloud networking.
- VMWare ESXi networking experience.
- CCNA or PCNSA certification a plus.
- Experience with Solarwinds a plus.
- Experience with Mitel VOIP telephone system a plus.
- Planning, engineering, and monitoring the firewall arrangements for the protection of the network systems.
- Configuration and implementation of intrusion detections systems and firewalls.
- Research and recommend measures to reduce risks associated with new viruses.
- Serves on the Incident Response team for security incidents and outbreaks.
- Maintain understanding of current vulnerabilities, attacks and countermeasures.
- Identifying operational security risks and accurately reporting risks to management with recommendations for corrective action.
- Report performance against established security metrics by monitoring, measuring, testing, and reporting on the effectiveness and efficiency of information security controls.
- Work with software manufacturers to ensure best practices are implemented.
- Provide a technical point of escalation and technical guidance for Systems Support Analysts, Tier I and II
- Conform to all safety and confidentiality rules and use all appropriate safety equipment.
Converge Technology Solutions offers equal opportunity to employees and applicants regardless of race, color, creed, sex, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. Converge Technology Solutions does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party vendors associated with fees.