Under the direct supervision of the Associate Director of Network Engineering and Operations, duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serve as Senior Network Engineer and assist a team of highly-skilled engineers in core network infrastructure planning, design and deployment of network systems.
- Assist Network Engineering group in adhering to process and procedures laid out by management.
- Assist team in documentation, review and enhance network topology and performance
- Share team responsibility for capacity and availability planning and reporting on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- Serves as subject matter expert and mentor to other Network Engineers.
- Must be capable of requirements analysis and preparing designs and plans for network systems, expansions and upgrades in order to provide connectivity as needs arise.
- Design, configuration, and deployment of new network environment services and enhancements to include routing, switching, firewall, and load balancing solutions
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing such as routers, firewalls, switches, wireless LAN controllers and physical cabling infrastructure.
- Ensure compliance with network engineering standards and processes across AWS Cloud, multiple data centers and remote sites
- Plan and document new deployments and the associated network infrastructure changes
- Infrastructure device upgrades or replacements
- Investigate, troubleshoot, isolate, and document problems
- Understand network risk assessment process and contingency planning
- Research, analyze and implement software patches or hardware changes
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other areas of the infrastructure and applications teams
- Provide off-hours operational support when necessary and participate on the on-call rotation.
- Perform the top level of support for remote network staff
- Perform scheduled and emergency maintenance changes during off hours
- Lead, Mentor and develop key personnel
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Minimal 10 years’ experience in the field is required.
- Special emphasis on routing, switching, cloud networking and security network engineering topics.
- Advanced Knowledge of Enterprise class Cisco network switches (Nexus 5K, Catalyst 9xxx,39xx,29xx,69xx)
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco Routers (ISR 4K series, ASR 1001)
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco IOS and NXOS
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco NextGen Firewalls
- Experienced with Cisco ISE
- Experienced in Amazon Web Services a plus
- Experienced with SD-WAN technologies (SilverPeak) a plus
- Experience with wireless networking technologies in the 802.11 protocol suite is required
- Advanced Knowledge of Layer 2 and 3 switching including STP, ARP, 802.1q VLANs, VTP, HSRP
- Advanced Knowledge of the ability to design, implement and support enterprise network routing architectures using protocols such as BGP, EIGRP, OSPF and static routing.
- Knowledge of Firewall and remote access solutions including Access-lists, NAT, SSL and IPSEC VPN, Site-to-Site and tunnels, Client-to-Site, and RSA.
- Understanding of IP Multicast architectures and related services.
- Knowledge of WAN circuit technologies and troubleshooting (Ethernet).
- Experience with network management applications and related protocols such as SNMP and Netflow is required.
- Knowledge of VOIP (Cisco and/or Interactive intelligence preferred).
- Extensive knowledge of VLANs, QOS, Firewalls, IDS/IPS design, IPSEC/SSL VPNs, and MPLS.
- Understanding of and experience applying Information Security concepts to core network infrastructure and data transport is required.
- Knowledge of A10 Load Balancers and deploying load balancers in AWS a plus
- Working knowledge of Network Management Suits like: Solarwinds, Liveaction, Cisco Prime
- Strong working knowledge of packet analysis technology and the ability to apply the knowledge quickly when troubleshooting a problem
- Experience in the design of new systems or upgrades to existing network systems. Experience in developing concepts of operations, requirements, basis of design, and design documents, and design drawings
- Ability to conduct research into networking issues and problems as required.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a fast passed and high-pressure environment
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to shift between multiple tasks
- Willingness to learn and display self-initiative with a positive attitude
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry’s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans