Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
- Analyze network needs and designs network architecture; coordinates integration and installation of LAN/WAN/WLAN/VoIP technologies
- Responsible for installation, maintenance and availability of LAN/WAN/WLAN/VoIP hardware, software and communication circuits, including T1, DS3, Broadband, VPN and WAN technologies
- Evaluate local area network hardware and software requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations
- Provide on-going, timely support and maintenance of the LAN/WAN/WLAN/VoIP technologies
- Install, test, implement and maintains all aspects of the Solarwinds Network Monitoring Software Suite
- Coordinate installation of hardware and software by others
- Configure, test and implement networking devices such as routers, switches and firewalls
- Provide support and consults with sites on telecommunication issues regarding phone systems, MACs, upgrades, functionality and carrier services
- Administer all aspects of the Genesys PureConnect VoIP systems
- Provide support and trains users in local area network administration and usage
- Monitor and maintains network stability
- Coordinate third-party maintenance and planned network downtime for network hardware, software, and telecommunications services and communicates the schedule to users and staff
- Prepare and/or modifies data communication systems; provides technical support and consultation in the use and operations of complex computer operating systems
- Investigate new techniques, equipment, processing methods; evaluates technical requirements for hardware/software; anticipates voice/data hardware and software needs for planning and budgeting via monitoring usage
- Design and maintains systems documentation and network diagrams
- Provide project management for new hardware installations of voice/data communications systems; administers the acquisition and placement communications systems
- Monitor log of service calls and corrective action initiated, making recommendations for needed system hardware changes
- Assist in requests for proposals, vendor selection, and contract monitoring
- Work with cross-functional teams in the design and implementation of information technology; assists in the training of other IT personnel to improve their technical skills
- Assist departmental management with the development of systems standards, short- and long-term goals, project management, and strategic directions
- Requires limited travel
- Perform early morning systems checks and Sunday maintenance processes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree in related field; or three to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with and strong understanding a voice and data technologies ( T1, DS3, MPLS, MAN, TCP/IP, OSI models, broadband, VPN, VLAN, wireless, routers, switches and VoIP
- Understand QoS and all mechanism required in the environment to maintain voice quality
- Understanding of SIP, RTP/RTCP, ISND PRI, DTMF, FXS/FXO and Voice gateways
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Knowledge of Internet software, spreadsheet software, and word processing software
- Solid technical base in Cisco and Dell route/switch and firewalls
- Highly motivated individual, able to take initiative and work under general supervision
- Must be able to multi-task between a variety of IT projects and initiatives, track and prioritize them
- Solid analytical and troubleshooting abilities
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting, however, may be required to work from home temporarily due to space limitations
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Certification for Gensys PureConnect
- Knowledge of Powershell
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Network Engineer, Indianapolis, IN, Indiana