About Us: EMCOR Construction Services Midwest is a division of Shambaugh & Son, L.P. and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, operations and maintenance.
EMCOR Construction Services Midwest provides single source solutions that meet a wide range of facility design, installation, operation and maintenance requirements. For more than 50 years, we have learned to anticipate operational needs, identify new technology trends, and provide construction services for the mechanical (PHVAC) electrical, building automation systems and energy services industries.
Job Title: Senior Project Design Engineer
Job Summary: The Senior Project Design Engineer shall Design mechanical and plumbing systems with a focus on Educational and Government entities. The Senior Project Design Engineer shall support the Sales Development Process by providing engineering support for energy conservation strategies and MEP construction projects. The Senior Project Design Engineer will coordinate and support multiple project development engineers by utilizing their conceptual designs in order to produce final construction design drawings for our self-performing field trades.
The Senior Project Design Engineer will supervise one or more in-house engineers and work with external engineering consultants as necessary. The Senior Project Design Engineer shall be responsible for coordinating completion dates and achieving the required delivery dates for all engineering related tasks.
The Senior Project Design Engineer is a key member of the business development team supporting sales, developers, project managers, and construction management personnel. The Senior Project Design Engineer assists the team in solidifying complete solutions and provides clarity through design expertise. This design Engineer will assist the team in project review meetings, discuss constructability and budget issues affecting performance. This role will assist us in continuing to be the leader in self-performed guaranteed savings projects by producing world-class quality MEP projects in an ever changing public market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The ideal candidate will have considerable experience with the design and implementation of MEP systems for schools and government facilities.
- Candidate will perform load calculations and analyze different system types and options to support the development teams in optimizing solutions.
- Size and route all building utility systems including steam, hydronic heating and cooling, HVAC and plumbing.
- Perform field investigations to validate existing systems and new routing.
- Be familiar with coordination of electrical and structural systems as they relate to supporting HVAC and plumbing scopes of work.
- Generate equipment selections and specifications; i.e. Pumps, Fans, Air Handling Units, etc.
- Computer aided drafting of MEP plans, schematics and details.
- Participate in design review meetings and consult with our project
- Assist the Project Development Engineers and estimator with budget estimates for scope of work.
- Perform, manage and coordinate engineering resources to generate the design documents utilizing internal and external resources.
- Prepare construction drawings for our field personnel to build our MEP
- Support construction management and internal project managers to assist in supporting the field during the construction of the project.
- Support the sales team with reports and presentations (as necessary) to clients in a variety of closed door and public forums.
- Perform on-site installation inspections and attend construction and owner meetings.
- Remain familiar with Codes and Standards and progressive industry designs.
- Other duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate would have minimum of 5-10+ years of experience in the HVACR industry with a Mechanical/HVAC Engineering background. Ideally they would have additional experience in Electrical Power, plumbing and general construction and be able to conceptualize and carry out the design coordination and implementation of such systems. Experience in engineering K-12 and public sector projects is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering and HVAC system design is a pre-requisite for this position.
- Previous experience in the budgeting of MEP/K-12 projects is a plus.
- Experience supervising others in a fast paced design-build s
- Must be computer literate and comfortable with spreadsheets and computerized drawing packages.
- Technical competencies and ability to develop ECM’s that are aligned with our business model.
- Have the ability to complete the final system designs to complete the project’s engineering
- Excellent writing and communication skills with team members, customers, vendors, and subcontractors as well as comfort with public speaking.
- Background in Guaranteed Savings Projects a plus.
- This person should be self-motivated, innovative, competent, responsible, proficient, and organized.
- This person should be personable and must work well in a team environment.
- Professional Licensing or Certifications encouraged, but not required.
- Intrastate travel required. Active driver license status a must.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Shambaugh is deeply committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all its job applicants and employees. We seek to employ qualified persons in all job classifications and to administer all personnel actions affecting our employees without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, political ideology, ancestry, or genetic information. Individuals with a disability, disabled and other protected veterans and any other characteristic protected by applicable law will be given the fullest consideration for employment in positions for which they are qualified. We also are committed to making reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability as well as abiding by any and all state and local laws, which in addition to the above prohibit discrimination in any form.