Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Write responses to Requests for Proposals, Requests for Information, and other federal, state or international government requests
- Create compliant, compelling responses for assigned proposal sections/topics and create associated graphics, charts, tables, appendices and other information in support of proposal development
- Ensure win strategy, technical solution, win themes, discriminators, compliance, and clear understanding of the requirement are well-articulated and consistent throughout final proposal documents
- Analyze government solicitations, identify response requirements, and prepare unique, tailored, and detailed proposal responses in compliance with government agency requirements
- Write Management, Past Performance, Resumes and Plan RFP volumes
- Review and edit proposal responses for consistency, compliance, win theme incorporation, solution accuracy, and other elements during regular and core team review cycles to create the final proposal submission
- Research relevant corporate, project, client and industry statistics and data in support of creating proposal responses for all MAXIMUS lines of business, segments, and international entities
- Manage activities of two or more sections
- Work on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of company markets and strategic objectives.
- Remain current on all solicitation modifications/Q&As and communicate them to the team,
- Revise schedules, outlines, and compliance matrixes as necessary throughout proposal life cycle
- Coordinate with graphic designers to conceptualize, develop, and integrate compelling proposal graphics that convey concepts and proposed solutions to enhance proposal documents
- Collaborate with Capture Managers, Technical Leads/PMs, and SMEs as required
- Coordinate with creative services staff to conceptualize, develop, and integrate compelling proposal graphics that convey concepts and proposed solutions and enhance proposal documents
- Uses automated proposal collaboration and document management tools, including SharePoint
- Support other Proposal Operations activities as needed
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Ability to develop compelling themes, discriminators, and messaging to communicate and support value proposition
- Ability to guide and effectively influence with and without authority; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management, proposal teams, SMEs, peers, and teaming partners
- Ability to lead development of graphics that support win themes, solution, and key messaging
- Ability to create original content using interview and research techniques
- Ability to prioritize and write several projects simultaneously, to include hands-on and strategic support
- Ability to work to meet deadlines (work overtime as needed)
- Ability to work well independently or as part of a team
- Ability to work remotely and/or with geographically disparate teams
- High School degree or GED required and 10 years of relevant experience or; Bachelor's Degree with at least 7 years' proposal writing experience with at least 3 years' Federal Government proposal management, support, and/or writing experience
- Experience implementing standard proposal processes or procedures
- Fluency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and SharePoint
- Evidence of successful support to large competitive proposals with values more than $100m. Prior Volume Lead experience a plus.
- Experience leading teams of proposal writers and subject matter experts to deliver winning proposal content
- Candidate may be required to provide a portfolio of representative writing samples
- Candidate may be required to complete a timed writing and/or editing exercise during the interview process
- Formal proposal training and/or certifications (e.g., APMP) preferred
A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is and Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.