About Our Team:
The AFC Business Technology (BT) team is responsible for delivering software necessary to bring technology products to the business and its customers, enabling them to run more efficiently. The Development teams are self-managed scrum teams responsible for the design, coding, unit testing, and implementation of new functionality, and responsible for the maintenance of existing applications.
About Our Candidate:
Do you love cars, technology and data? Are you an innovative and passionate Software Engineer who enjoys developing solutions to the most exciting and complex business challenges? Are you skilled at SQL, Java, AWS development, and/or AngularJS, or have experience implementing web services? Do you enjoy the highly collaborative nature of working in an agile/scrum environment?
We are searching for a talented Sr. Software Engineer to join the AFC IT team and be on the front lines of developing solutions and products in the automotive remarketing industry. The right candidate is someone who can be handed critical projects and help shape future processes and best practices. The purpose of this candidate is to play an integral role in a team responsible for the architecture, design, development, testing and delivery for our rapidly expanding business.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Participate in all related Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) program increment and sprint related events
- Accept and complete programming tasks for new development, testing, requirements definition or maintenance to existing applications
- Reviews or writes code, leads programming and testing and debugging of software development projects
- Creates protocols, documentation and tools for the installation and maintenance of software projects
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods and techniques to resolve issues
- Identifies problems and opportunities and champions the development of innovative solutions
- Mentors junior software developers and engineers
- Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of positive attitude and performance
- Ensure proper follow-through on all directives, bulletins and schedules from the Corporate Office, Scrum Master, and Product Owner. Maintain a good flow of communication with the Department employees and within the Corporation
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Oracle Data Base – PL/SQL, Oracle Forms and Reports, Oracle EBS
- Accounting application experience and knowledge of accounting principles
- Modern web technologies (Spring, AngularJS, jQuery, Node.js, GWT, Dojo Toolkit)
- Coding best practices (Git, Azure DevOps), functional programming, IDEs (Eclipse, RAD, RSA) testing methodologies (Junit, Jasmine, etc.)
- Cloud based development on AWS, preferred (Elasticache, DynamoDB, etc.) using RESTful based micro-based services
- Five (5) years’ minimum experience with Object Oriented design, Oracle application development, and development of Java-based mission critical applications
- Strong problem-solving skills and creativity with a desire to learn new emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
Who We Are:
KAR Global powers the world’s most trusted automotive marketplaces through innovation, technology and people. Our end-to-end platform serves the remarketing needs of the world’s largest OEMs, dealers, fleet operators, rental companies and financial institutions.
- We’re a technology company delivering next generation tools to accelerate and simplify remarketing.
- We’re an analytics company leveraging data to inform and empower our customers with clear, actionable insights.
- And we’re an auction company powering the world’s most advanced and integrated mobile, digital and physical auction marketplaces.
Automotive Finance Corporation (AFC), a KAR Global brand, was created to provide inventory financing for independent car dealers as they bought and sold vehicles at auto auctions and dealerships. With more than 120 branch locations throughout the U.S. and Canada, AFC works with over 15,000 dealers in the retail and wholesale automotive space as well as RV, power sports and commercial truck dealers, salvage buyers and daily rental operators and is accepted as a form of dealer payment at more than 1,100 auction sources in the same footprint.
AFC is staffed with local industry experts across North America to provide dealers with the right floorplan for their business model, thereby freeing up their cash flow and conquering their unique market. By utilizing the robust online suite of tools through AFCDealer.com®, dealers are empowered to do business the way they want—on the lot, in the lanes, or on the go.
AFC’s business philosophy is supported by their purpose statement: “We fuel the entrepreneurial dream in our community.” Whether it’s supporting a dealer and their growing business or helping an employee find a meaningful career path, AFC is dedicated to the dream.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our benefits package includes:
- Competitive compensation
- Insurance coverage that includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Wellness program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee stock purchase program
- Paid holidays and generous paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Learning and development resources