PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking Senior Software Engineer, in Indianapolis, IN.
- Serve as software technical lead and perform architecture, design, code implementation, integration, test and documentation in both legacy and new product areas to include virtual reality, 3D, and 2D systems.
- Lead assigned software team’s technical evolution to include mentoring other developers in new or unfamiliar and challenging concepts.
- Help team leaders establish project plans and schedules, identify resource requirements, and drive/monitor team progress.
- Serve as liaison to functional users of supported systems. Demonstrate ability to communicate with users to extract and define needs.
- Present work to diverse audiences including technical and nontechnical and demonstrate willingness to assist team and business leads in strategic planning for new capabilities.
- 5-10+ years’ experience with virtual reality/simulation software development including experience with Unreal Engine
- Ability to understand and apply 2D and 3D mathematical concepts as they relate to common 3D graphics principles and rendering algorithms
- Familiarity with automated testing systems, game patching systems and product deployment
- 8 -10+ years’ experience designing and developing C++ or C# applications in Windows and/or Linux environments
- Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Object Oriented Design (OOD) skills
- Experience with agile software development
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to work closely in a multi-discipline team on a daily basis
Desired Skills depending on project and position:
- Experience with Department of Defense systems such V-22 or other aircraft and ground platforms or similar civilian platforms
- Experience and knowledge related to one or more specific technologies or domains:
- Mission planning o Situational Awareness
- Mapping tools o Training systems
- Experience with requirements and use case analysis
- Experience with scripting (Ruby, Perl, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Experience with agile (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, SAFe, eXtreme Programming, etc)
- Experience and/or knowledge with DevOps and Continuous Integration
- Experience and/or knowledge with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) like Android Studio, Eclipse, MS Visual Studio, and Team Foundation Server, Jira
- Experience with Automated Testing and Automated Test Frameworks (ex: Ranorex, Cucumber/Gherkin)
- Experience developing software in a team environment
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit www.pdstech.com
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$