Senior Staff Accountant
Vaco is working with a client on in Indy who has a need for a Sr. Staff Accountant on a contract basis. The Staff Accountant will oversee: budget preparations; cash flow management, pay bills and maintain ledgers; prepare invoices for approval; code payables for accounts payable and receivable entries; make bank deposits and receipts of money; reconcile bank accounts and credit cards; assist in processing payroll and payroll reports; and create and maintain multiple reports for the firm.
- Manage company cash flow and budgets, providing estimates/reports to outline the cash inflow and outflow at any given time
- Oversee and manage accounts receivable process, including invoicing and aging of commission and miscellaneous payments
- Oversee and manage the accounts payable process, including vendor ledgers and draws/advances
- Assist with bi-weekly payroll and code salaries to correct general ledger accounts
- Prepare journal entries, reviews, reconciles and analyzes general ledger accounts providing reports to management
- Manage and reconcile credit card accounts, reviewing receipts promptly to ensure accurate classification of expenses, and making payments on time
- Perform routine reconciliation of multiple bank accounts efficiently and accurately Prepare balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, ad hoc reports, and other financial accounting statements
- Develop or assist with developing procedures to improve accounting policies, segregation of duties, and departmental workflows
- Manage and cross-train accounting clerk to provide support on critical job functions
- Collaborate with staff to resolve matters relating to financial reporting and audit processes
- Run month-end, quarterly, and fiscal year-end close, in addition to 1099 preparation/distributions, and other duties as needed
- 3-5 years of related Accounting experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- Self-motivated with the ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Effectively using organization and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to set and meet deadlines
- An analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both taking initiative and working in collaboration.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers, vendors, and brokers
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy
- Maintain confidentiality of work-related information and materials
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and be flexible with changing business needs in a team environment
- Inherent motivation to succeed and improve existing processes
- Advance in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)