Facility: HERITAGE TRAIL CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Base: $19.98 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Summary Pay starts at $19.98 per hour
Responsible for all security and control related functions during duty shift per management instructions. Seeks to provide maximum facility coordination in inmate/detainee supervision and safety.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises all security functions during shift as assigned by management.
- Supervises the feeding of inmates/detainees during meal time.
- Makes routine inspections of all security equipment, doors, gates, fences, lighting systems, and other facility equipment as needed.
- Assists staff with unit counts.
- Reviews reports written by officers during shift and ensures these reports are submitted as required.
- Assures that officers receive on-the-job training and safety training as required.
- Inspects or directs work to inspection of perimeter to test alarm systems, detect safety hazards and to ensure safety rules are posted and enforced.
- Assists officers and staff with unruly inmates and other assignments as required. Investigates and reports causes of inmate/detainee disturbances.
- Responds to major unusual occurrences as trained. Facilitates prompt and appropriate assistance to detainees/inmates in the event of injury, illness or emotional trauma.
- Directs work, provides training and performs inspections of work performed by inmate/ detainee workers. Assures that inmate/detainee workers under security supervision receive safety training.
- Provides management with input into decisions concerning employee performance ratings, disciplinary actions, and job assignments.
- Promotes an atmosphere conducive to personality and character development of detainees/ inmates and staff through the encouragement of favorable behavior patterns, arrangement of physical facilities, and influencing relationships among detainees/inmates.
- Assists in review of staff effectiveness by conducting frequent physical inspections of the facility to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.