In this Apartment Maintenance Service Technician position, we are looking for a minimum of one year of previous experience in property management maintenance, or other building/trade related experience is preferred. Must have working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and appliance repair.
The Apartment Maintenance Service Technician will assist and support in the required property management maintenance necessary to maintain curb appeal and the overall appearance and quality of the property. They will do work orders as assigned by Service Manager. They may be asked to conduct and maintain an inventory of maintenance supplies and compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Prepares and performs all necessary repairs to vacant apartments for new residents.
- Diagnoses problems and repairs in the areas of electrical, plumbing, and appliances.
- Responds to all service requests, on-call emergencies as directed by the Property Manager and Service Manager, must be completed in a timely and professional manner.
- Assists in maintaining the exterior of the property daily to provide clean and acceptable curb appeal at all times.
- Alerts Service Manager and Property Manager of any potential liabilities or repairs.
- Performs property maintenance of pools, spas, and pool areas if applicable.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, time-management and problem solving skills.
- Superior customer service skills including the ability to manage difficult customers and/or situations.
- Professional verbal and written communications.
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
- General Computer knowledge.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to be on-call for responding to after-hour emergencies.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, evenings and holidays.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum one year of previous experience in property management maintenance, other building maintenance or related trade is preferred.
- Working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and appliance repair.