Apex Systems is looking for a qualified individual to fill an opening for an immediate opening for an Service Technician. Please see the job description below for details of the role.
- Will be reimbursed $0.26/ mile up to 600 miles a week
- Long term career opportunity
- Eligible for cell phone reimbursement
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current valid State Driver’s License.
- Reliable form of transportation
- Must own reliable transportation, basic hand tools (screwdrivers, pliers, wire cutters and a drill), and 6-8 foot ladder.
- Ability to work on a Tuesday – Saturday schedule
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows all safety and pre-install requirements
- Brings all necessary tools, equipment, and supplies to a central location within the client’s building or place residence.
- Drills and cuts holes for building sensors, controls, and all other peripheral devices as directed.
- Sets up boxes of wire at each sensor, control, and peripheral device locations.
- Pulls wires in attic or crawl spaces to the main CPU, punch block, installation, splice, and tag point or interconnect location.
- Install conduit, flexible conduit and/or wire moldings as well electrical boxes and fittings as needed.
- Punch down all equipment devices and neatly dress all wires as needed, such as zip tying.
- Ensures client home/business is clean and free of any installation debris.
- Assist or perform system programming, thorough test of the alarm system, and customer training in the use of all system functions.
- Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures. Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service. Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
- Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
- Required to sit or stand in different positions for long periods.
- Will climb and stand on ladders for long periods.
- Operate power tools such as electrical drills, and hand tools such as a screwdriver.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently crawl, kneel, crouch, or lay down in tight spaces
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178