TMC Transportation's Maintenance Department supports a fleet of one of the largest employee-owned flatbed carriers in the nation. We pride ourselves on providing maintenance to some the best equipment in the industry. TMC can offer you a fast-paced career where each day brings a new challenge.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401K Plan
- Health Insurance - medical, dental, vision and prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation
- Sick Pay
- Free uniforms and cleaning service
- Pay differential for night and weekend shifts
TMC Transportation has an immediate opening for a Shag Driver working out of our Brownsburg, Indiana shop.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Pick up & drop off equipment & parts at local vendors, transport drivers to and from location needed.
Shift Available Monday - Friday 7 AM to 3:30 PM
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Stack and unstack trailers via forklift.
- Deliver and pickup of trucks and trailers from local vendors.
- Organize trailers on maintenance lot.
- Pick up and/or deliver parts for the maintenance shop.
- Act as a transporter for drivers and other TMC employees that might need transportation to or from hotel, airport, health facility, etc.
- Miscellaneous jobs assigned by the shop manager.
- Make weekly trips to Silver Grove, KY
- Basic knowledge of administration and management. Must be able to plan, allocate resources, manage production and coordinate equipment.
- Strong coordination, time management, active listening, oral and written expression and comprehension, critical thinking and reasoning skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment when carrying out duties and to maintain good working relationships with the public and fellow employees.
- Demonstrated ability to handle stress and pressure.
- Class A CDL Required and clean driving record.
- Forklift certified a plus but not required.
- Experience using load securement equipment (chains, binders, straps, etc.)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT: The physical requirements and work environment described are representative of those present while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to use telephone and computer.
- Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
- While performing the duties of this job, the driver is regularly required to stand; walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear.
- Safely and alertly operate a tractor/trailer by sitting behind the wheel and driving up.
- Secure loads of freight with chains, binders, and/or straps.
- Climb into the tractor by step, onto the trailer and onto the load, up to a maximum of 14 feet high. Driver must be able to walk across the top of the load in order to cover and secure the load.
- Operate a clutch pedal and shift gears. Clutch pedal compression is measured at 50 to 90 pounds depending on the model of the truck. Pedal travel distance is 6 inches. Push/pull force required to shift gears is 5 to 10 pounds.
- Drop the trailer. Trailers are dropped using manually cranked landing gear. A force of approximately 30 pounds at waist level is required to raise an empty trailer.