XPRESS CARGO: We are a company built and operated by former drivers. Located in the crossroads of America on the near east side of downtown Indianapolis, Indiana. Our niche in the transportation industry is our skill delivering temperature controlled freight. We are essential workers and our company is growing. We are looking for great people to join our team and grow with us.
JOB SUMMARY: The Shop Foreman is responsible for the effective operation and profitable performance of the Fleet Maintenance Department shop activities. Also ensures that services rendered conform to all company policies, standards, and federal regulations.
(The following statements describe the general nature of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by management.)
- Coordinate with Fleet Maintenance Manager to prioritize what tractors/trailers are needed for the day.
- Responsible for general day to day operation of vehicle maintenance and supervision of the service technicians in the shop.
- Responsible for repair and maintenance of all company trucks, trailers, and other company equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining all documents as required by DOT, federal, state and company regulations.
- Responsible for overseeing technicians and making sure that equipment is repaired in a timely manner and properly.
- Completes repair orders, secures written report from drivers before repairs; and reviews the estimate and approximate time of completion; distributes repair orders to technicians and counsels Techs on the assigned job.
- Review, approve and close all repair orders within 48 hours of work being completed.
- Communicate with Parts Department continuously to ensure timely availability of needed parts.
- Assist with enforcement of shop safety procedures.
- Back up and assist the Fleet Maintenance Manager when necessary.
- Maintains a high sense of professionalism and integrity at all times.
- Must be able to develop skills of your team through coaching and training techniques.
- Technical background and heavy duty truck service background preferred.
- Ability to manage daily operations.
- Ability to read and understand technical information.
- Strong communication and computer skills. Ability to read, interpret and comply with all company polices rules, safety manuals and procedures.
- Required to build a culture of teamwork, consistency, efficiency, high quality work standards, and common sense.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- High school Diploma or GED preferred.
- Diesel Engine Technology Certifications / Education are a plus.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working on diesel trucks and 2 years as a shop lead man and/or shop foreman.
- Experience with TMT and Omnitracs is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, CDL-A is a plus.
- Physically able to stand, bend, stoop, kneel, reach, twist, lift, push, pull, climb, balance, crouch, handle, and at times, move items weighing up to 50 pounds with/without assistance.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.