Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
The responsibilities of a Software and Data Engineer include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways. Analyzes current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging data for analytics, reporting, and other data intensive activities.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Accountable for data engineering lifecycle including research and analysis, proof of concepts, architecture, design, development, test, deployment and maintenance
- Design, develop, implement and run cross-domain, flexible, scalable, secure, reliable and quality data solutions that transform data for meaningful analyses and analytics while ensuring operability
- Design, develop, implement and run data solutions that improve data efficiency, reliability and quality, and are performant by design
- Build processes and diagnostics tools to troubleshoot, maintain and optimize solutions and respond to customer and production issues
- Embrace continuous learning of engineering practices to ensure industry best practices and technology adoption, including DevOps, Cloud and Agile thinking
- Maintain high quality documentation of data definitions, transformations, and processes to ensure data governance and security
- Assembling large, complex sets of data that meet non-functional and functional business requirements
- Ability to perform root cause analysis on external and internal processes and data to identify opportunities for improvement and answer questions
- Excellent analytic skills associated with working on complex datasets
- Ability to build processes that support data transformation, workload management, data structures, dependency and metadata
- Operational support for web application / portal as well as reporting functionality for internal and external end user base
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience using any of the following: DataStage, Mainframe, Cobol, SQL, Unix, or MicroStrategy
- Experience with Java, Python, GitHub, Jenkins
- Experience with Datamining tools on either Platforms: Oracle or Teradata
- Experience of data gathering, cleansing, and transforming techniques
- Workflow management/pipeline tools: Airflow and/or TWS
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of data warehousing and ETL techniques
- Ability to set and meet deadlines
- Ability to QA and troubleshoot data
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Experience working with stakeholders including data, design, product and executive teams and assisting them with data-related technical issues
- Experience in DevOps and with Agile Methodologies
- Experience with Snowflake
- Building and supporting required infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation and loading of data from various data sources
- Technical writing skills
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace. © 2021 Optum. All rights reserved.
Job Keywords: Software And Data Engineer, Software Engineer, Data Engineer, DataStage, Mainframe, Cobol, SQL, Unix, MicroStrategy, Workflow Management, Pipeline Tools, Data Mining, Hartford, CT, Connecticut, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote