Software Developers Needed!!!
Experis is seeking to hire a highly skilled Software Developer to help with the software development aspect of the Advanced Simulation Environment (ASE) project.
Primary responsibilities of this role will revolve around building software by writing code, bug-fixing, adaptation of code to new hardware paradigms, and implement software engineering best practices.
Success in this role requires extensive knowledge of programming languages, frameworks, and software engineering. A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is a must.
We' re looking for someone who...
- Is deeply creative and quick learner of new technology and new domain of knowledge.
- Is a problem solver with a knack for uncovering elegant solutions
- Strong Programming and coding experience required; Must be a full-stack developer
- Has a strong exposure to development in the Cloud and cloud-related technologies
- Contractor should not be a heads down coder, requiring specific instruction in order to be effective.
- This contractor should be an independent thinker who is excited to create new processes.
- Python, SQL, Java; prefer that they come in with a certification or a test that the supplier has done to prove technical ability
- Docker, K8s, Kubernetes, Ansible
What You Can Expect in This Role:
- As a Software Developer, you may come from a software engineering or design background.
- You'll engage users in conversations to uncover how they do their work, what tools they use, how they understand their work, and how they currently solve their problems. You will work to explore pain points and areas for meaningful improvement. We work through an agile customer oriented approach.
- You will spend the majority of your time building simulation software, prototypes, data interfaces, presenting data in a visual, interactive format in quick iterations.
- Since you will be working under the context of Research and Development, you will not be developing 'production-grade' code.
- 5 Years experience with software development tools and libraries (Python, Go, SQL, Java, VBA, Bash, Tableau, D3, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence)
- 5 Years experience with cloud technologies (K8s, Docker, Ansible)
- Experience with the SAFE Framework (Agile -Scrum is a must)
- Designing and developing software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models
- Making large and/or complex data more accessible, understandable and interactable.
- Creating working prototypes, simulation software for various business functional components, data retrieval, transformation, and visual information representation
- This contractor will work very closely with the Project Lead
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)