The Software Engineer I is responsible for building software products used by customers of the Angie's List home services platform. They work with team members to execute product initiatives in a way that meets Angie’s List technology standards for performance, reliability, quality, security, and testability.
- Collaborate with professionals across the organization to gain a shared understanding of the initiative.
- Analyze requirements of the initiative and propose solutions that meet the requirements while balancing time and cost.
- Create or modify code to implement the requirements of the initiative.
- Ensure that the code meets performance, reliability, quality, security, and testability standards.
- Create or modify a suite of tests to exercise the initiative’s functionality in an automated manner.
- Modify existing software to correct errors or enhance it to meet new requirements.
- Consult with other team members to provide time estimates and project status.
- Follow team practices for project management and technology practices such as code review, change control, and deployment.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Possession of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field of study.
- 0-2 years experience in software engineering or equivalent education and internships.
- Experience working on technical teams building software applications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Smart, curious, motivated, and honest.
- Experience with React/Redux and Node.
- Knowledge of one or more Agile software development life cycle methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
Here at Angie's List we have an honest, friendly, and fun community. This permeates nearly every interaction that we have with each other, our customers, and our code. It is on that foundation that we have built a world class, cloud-based, event-driven micro-service architecture that serves both our members and service providers across the entirety of the US.
Angie’s List is a part of ANGI Homeservices Inc. (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We turn home improvement jobs imagined into jobs well-done. People throughout North America and Europe rely on our technologies to book quality home service pros across 500 different categories, from repairing and remodeling to cleaning and landscaping. Over 250,000 service professionals find work through ANGI Homeservices and consumers turn to at least one of the brands to find a pro for more than 20 million projects each year. Our marketplaces have enabled more than 150 million consumer-to-pro connections, meaningfully redefining how easily and effectively home pros are discovered and hired.
We have established category-transforming products through the brands HomeAdvisor®, Angie’s List®, Handy and Fixd Repair – as well as international brands HomeStars, MyHammer, MyBuilder, Instapro, Travaux and Werkspot. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation.
If you’re excited about joining a collaborative, high-impact team, send us your resume to start the conversation. If you have questions prior to applying, please join us for one of our weekly chats with the Recruiting team – this is not an interview, but a chance for you to learn more about our business. Visit http://www.abouthomeadvisor.com/talk-to-us to register.