Solutions Desktop Engineer, Contract to Hire
- Manage and administer Enterprise devices via Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
- Create/maintain Operating System images & automated deployment methodology (Windows Autopilot).
- Create automated software and solutions packages for deployment to Enterprise devices.
- Manage and oversee monthly Windows Security Patch deployment and mass software update/deployment efforts to Enterprise devices.
- Generate and manage various reports as requested.
- Virtual Desktop deployment and administration.
- Zero/Thin Client deployment and administration.
- Perform routine environmental assessment exercises and ensure the continued enhancement/modernization of client's end user computing environment.
- Participate in Major Incident response activities; ensure timely remediation of outage(s), perform root cause analysis, and develop/implement long-term solution to mitigate future risk.
- Research complex technical problems and identify, implement, and communicate technical fixes.
- Function as a resource for projects, including new hardware/software solution introduction, Windows/Office365 upgrades, and other technology advancement initiatives.
- Partner with the Security team to engineer solutions for end user device security/
- 5+ years of experience in end user device engineering and device/System Center Management tools.
- Experience with Modern Device Management (MDM) tools, including Windows Autopilot and Microsoft Endpoint Manager.
- Experience with deployment and administration of virtual desktop solutions, including Amazon Workspaces, Hyper-V, VMWare, and Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Experience with environmental management and administration via Azure Active Directory.
- Expert troubleshooting skills surrounding complex technical end user device issues in large distributed environment.
- Expert understanding of Windows 10 Operating System, including build updates, Microsoft Security Patching process, Microsoft Group Policy administration in a client/server environment and Windows Registry architecture.
- Advanced knowledge of various scripting methodologies (PowerShell, SQL, AWS CLI, Python, etc.).
- Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office 365 product deployment/administration.
- Strong Microsoft Office365 application suite usage skillset, including Teams, Visio, and SharePoint.
- Fluent in usage and administration of multiple Operating Systems (Windows 10, Windows Server, Mac OS X, Linux, etc.).
- Ability to work occasional after hours and weekends
- Occasional travel required
- Professional Certifications desired (Microsoft Modern Desktop Administrator, MSCE, AWS Solutions Architect, Network+, A+, etc.).
- Contract to hire with a range of $40-48 per hour