Crush Superintendent: Soybean Crush Facility; IN
Overall Purpose and Objective of Position
The Department Superintendent is responsible for all aspects of production and operations of the Crushing Plant which include reception of beans, storage, pellet hulls, silos and meal load out area, and the Preparation and Extraction process. This position works independently with supervision to help develop and support the goals and strategies of the company and the facility. Primary function is to ensure that process in the Crush Plant is completed in a safe and efficient manner in compliance with government regulations and Company standards.
· BS Degree in Engineering or Technical Science and/or equivalent work experience
· 5+ years related experience in Crush Process ( Preparation and Extraction) as a supervisor or Manager
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities/Licenses (including any physical demands)
· Demonstrated leadership ability in a plant management position. Able to set clear, reasonable expectations and hold staff accountable
· General knowledge of soybean /Oilseeds crushing processing operations preferred
· Knowledge of Process Safety Management preferred
· Knowledge of the regulatory requirements the facility operates under (e.g., OSHA, EPA, USDA) preferred
· Knowledge of ISO 9000 and BQ-9000 desirable
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to provide and maintain a safe and effective working environment.
· Project development and management experience desirable
· Reliability-Centered Maintenance training and experience is highly desirable.
- Typical office equipment: PC, telephone, fax machine
- Production machinery and operating equipment used in the crushing process
- Interior office work is in a typical climate-controlled office environment. Frequent visits to industrial operations areas are necessary with exposure to variety of temperatures and prevailing weather conditions. Regular exposure to gases, vapors, dust, odors and flammable liquids. Occasional exposure to areas with wet floors and high volume of noise. Some stair climbing and heaving lifting is required. Work is sometimes above ground level. Extensions of regular working hours are occasionally necessary to complete time-sensitive projects or to respond to emergencies. Personal protective equipment (PPE) will be worn in compliance with Company standards and government regulations.
- This position supervises a team of at least two or more plant operations personnel. Has the authority to recommend hiring, firing, & discipline of employees as well as supervise, manage, & direct work.
- Plans and controls the Crush process for a soybean crushing and biodiesel plant. Is accountable for ensuring peak Crush efficiencies and product quality while controlling costs. Plans and allocates the work of plant operations personnel to meet facility needs and production goals. Investigates and resolves any Crush issues.
Salary : $100K-$110K; strong benefits; relocation package; EOE; NO Sponsorship