Specialist - Operational Excellence and Food Safety
Ready to use your hotel, restaurant or supermarket experience in a new and exciting way? Have a knack for training/coaching others? Looking to build your career in a growing world-class organization? Come see why so many of our team members recommend us to their friends!
Why work at Steritech?
Steritech is the market leader in food safety, quality assurance, and customer experience management. We pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to many of the world's leading brands across industries as diverse as manufacturing, processing, retail, food service, and hospitality. We help our clients give the best, safest, and healthiest possible service to THEIR customers.
What do our Quality Management Specialists do?
Our Specialists help our hotel, restaurant, and grocery clients ensure brand standards, food quality and friendly service for their customers. They also:
- Conduct assessments that measure conformity to established regulatory, industry, and proprietary brand standards for clients
- Observe food prep and cooking standards to ensure food safety, health, and sanitation practices
- Partner with clients to address root causes of assessment discrepancies and develop corrective action plans
- Teach and coach clients how to make their workplace a safer and healthier environment for themselves and THEIR customers
- Travel up to 50%, or 10 days per month, including some evening and weekend work
What do we offer?
- World class training of the latest industry best practices
- Great benefits - Medical, Dental, and Vision, Employer-matched 401(k)
- Paid vacation, holidays, and PTO days
- Short and long-term disability
- Life Insurance
What do you need?
- Bachelor's degree (Hospitality Management, Food Science, Nutrition, Culinary Arts or other Science degree), with at least one year of experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- Bachelor's degree (other than Science/Food/Hospitality) with at least two years of experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- Associates degree with at least four years progressive experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- High School Diploma/GED and at least five years progressive experience in food service, restaurant or grocery operations
- Have excellent listening and communication skills
- Have a pleasant phone voice and ability to clearly speak and be understood on the phone
- Demonstrate multi-task skills to enter accurate data and type while speaking with customers
- Remain calm and able to work under pressure when busy and help other team members
- Strong attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Available to work Monday-Friday and Saturdays as needed
- Must pass pre-employment background screen and drug screen
- Ability and desire to influence others with tact and skill
- Ability to provide clear and constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Desire to travel via car and/or plane up to 50% of time
- Thrives in an autonomous working environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Capable of being detail-oriented while focusing on the big picture
- Ability to organize and prioritize work based on urgency, efficiency and other factors
- Safe driving record and a commitment to working safely
- Ability to lift 32 lbs chest high, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and reaching
- Strong technical knowledge of food safety is preferred
- ServSafe and/or CP-FS Certification(s) a plus
We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference where our customers live and work. Is that you?
We are Proudly an Equal Opportunity Employer!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Link to Federal employment poster:
- EEO is the Law English Version - Revised November 2009
- EEO is the Law Spanish Version - Revised November 2009
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision