Senior Cloud Engineer
This position does not offer sponsorship and NO C2C.
Location: Open to remote with a strong preference for candidates in the Midwest
The Information Technology department at is on a journey to transform our current capabilities to become a digitally enabled organization. We are shifting from stand-alone systems to collaborative intelligent solutions that work together to deliver workflow management, customer engagement, data and innovation. Our cloud teams have the potential to shape the future by solving thought-provoking problems and using transformational technologies to further enhance our capabilities in this journey. You'll have the chance to thrive in a culture of ownership and delivery as these efforts continue to expand. These opportunities can enable you to be at the center of a groundbreaking transformational success story at OneAmerica.
The Senior Cloud Engineer is responsible for assisting in the transformation of our technology into a cloud first architecture by partnering with the business, Cloud Architects and Engineering teams. The Senior Cloud Engineer will work with other infrastructure/application partners and key stakeholders to understand cloud usage dependencies and develop optimized engineering patterns. The Senior Cloud Engineer stays abreast of the fast-moving cloud space and uses that knowledge to engineer new cloud solutions enabling developers to utilize cloud technologies and capabilities to deliver value for our business.
- Identify solutions that represent opportunities to leverage cloud services and architectures by evaluating quality attributes, technology risk, capacity variability, and other factors where a cloud native architecture solution can add benefit to the overall solution
- Provide guidance and governance of SaaS Applications on current and new technologies or requirements that might impact business solutions
- Lead and participate in design discussions/product architecture reviews and assist engineering teams design products that adhere to SaaS principles
- You'll collaborate with application developers and architects, infrastructure engineers and architects, and operations staff to develop iteratively better cloud deployments to solve real business problems
- You'll build highly available and scalable systems on cloud platforms (primarily Azure)
- Develop automation and processes to quickly and rapidly deploy, manage, configure, and scale cloud-based systems and stacks
- Identifying the best technical solutions that can be rolled out efficiently and, in a cost-effective manner
- Provide expertise and advice to help teams building solutions on cloud platforms including design, planning, management, maintenance and assessing systems for potential weaknesses or issues
- Assist in the design, setup, configuration, and migration of systems to commercial cloud environments
- Provide support for workloads in public cloud providers, primarily Microsoft Azure.
- Coordinate adoption of technology standards related to runtime infrastructure
- Partner with the operations team to ensure streamlined deployment of applications and resources on the Azure platform
- Ensure new products and updates meet requirements pre and post release.
- Bachelor's degree OR any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background
- 5 or more years of experience in designing and implementation of complex IT systems or consulting experience with distributed applications or systems architecture
- 3 - 5 years of experience in a Cloud Engineering or Architecture role
- 3 or more years of practical experience with Microsoft Azure
- 3 or more years of cloud experience, focusing on networking, infrastructure management concepts and tools
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS technologies, evaluation methodologies to help choose the right solutions
- Experience in implementing SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS Architectures
- Experience developing automated deployment scripts and tools for system provisioning and configuration
- Experience developing software using API calls, microservices, serverless compute
- Experience using DevOps tools and processes; creation of CI/CD pipelines
- Experience scripting in PowerShell, Python, Perl or other similar languages
- Experience with software defined everything and infrastructure-as-code using cloud specific toolsets such as Terraform
- Experience with networking, internet security architectures and protocols relevant to Cloud environments
- Proven experience performing server, network and storage system designs and implementation
- Practical experience in cloud cost and capacity management
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (e.g., security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA)
- Must be well organized and possess outstanding follow-through and attention to detail
- Agile team experience
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to deliver on common enterprise goals is a must