At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Senior Correctional Officer who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an institutional security setting.
Who We Are:
CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality, secured corrections and detention management services, providing effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare individuals for success after release. Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70 security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care!
The Senior Correctional Officer assists in the supervision of the administrative and operational security activities in a correctional facility. They directly supervises Correctional Officers assigned to the shift. They also provide for the protection of each inmate/resident and the preservation of each inmate’s/ resident’s legal rights.
- Provide general supervision of Correctional Officers and inmates/residents on the shift in the performance of their duties and evaluate as prescribed by the facility and corporate policy.
- Conduct inspections of all housing and general use areas to ensure that proper standards, facility operating procedures and corporate guidelines of security, health, safety, sanitation and welfare are maintained; direct staff and inmate/resident resources to correct problems detected.
- Assist in supervising the internal and external security of the facility; routinely inspect posts to observe alertness of personnel and to confirm security is properly maintained at all times.
- High school diploma, GED certification or equivalent.
- Two years experience in a criminal justice field, which preferably includes one year in a supervisory capacity.
- Additional education may be substituted for the experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Completion of basic pre-service officer training and, where applicable, be a non-commissioned security officer licensed by the state of employment.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 21 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including Disability/Veteran.