JOB SUMMARY: The part-time Data Scientist will utilize analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets. This information will be used to develop data-driven artificial intelligence solutions for difficult business challenges. This will require an education and experience in statistics, math, and computer science. This role will require a range of technical competencies including: statistics, coding languages, databases, machine learning, and reporting technologies.
- Data Science & Analysis
- Analyze enormous amounts of data (structured and unstructured datasets)
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to datasets
- Develop predictive analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence techniques
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze solution performance and accuracy
- Research potential artificial intelligence models to produce desired results
- Create charts and other data visuals of analyzed data
- Utilize Natural Language Processing engines to process and correlate unstructured data
- Engage with domain experts as well as senior leaders and engineers to effectively deliver interpretable results.
- Python or RStudio Development
- Utilize Python or RStudio to retrieve and prepare data for algorithm processing
- Program APIs to access data on existing systems and databases
- Program machine learning solutions to process large datasets
- Program the organization and the presentation of output
- Build applications to continually train machine learning models over time
- Create and develop new ideas in a cross-functional role of research and development
- Master's degree in Data Science or 5 years of experience in a Data Scientist role
- Programming Language(s) Required: Python or RStudio
- Data Munging: Python / RStudio / SQL
- Deep Learning / Machine Learning (ex. TensorFlow / Sikit-learn / Keras / PyTorch)
- Statistical Analysis: Supervised & Unsupervised Machine Learning
- Data Storage / Data handling: Cloud (Azure / AWS) / Hadoop / Spark / SQL
- Data Visualization (ex. Tableau / d3.js / Python [matplotlib / seaborn / Bokeh])
- Programming user interfaces (ex. Python, Java, .net, C++, C)
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.