Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
If you are located on the West Coast, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provides clear direction to achieve goals, creating an environment that fosters team commitment and employee engagement
- Maintains the perseverance to drive and sustain the changes that occur, while being resilient and flexible, and inspiring and motivating the team
- Constantly communicates to the team, is open to opinions and feedback from team members and follows through on commitments
- Creates a work environment in which people are able to perform to the best of their abilities
- Builds and maintains a highly proficient and delivery-oriented team that designs, builds and implements new technology and business intelligence solutions for the functional areas across the organization
- Assist in management of Epic application department, operational and strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning / management, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals and delivery roadmaps for application deployment and 3rd party maintenance
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent IT activities
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, capacity planning, employee development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions
- Leads and champions the definition of key performance indicators and works with functional area leaders to define and deliver new dashboarding, reporting and portal-based capabilities
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of Epic experience
- Expertise leading large-scale enterprise optimizations, technology standardization initiatives, and operational / workflow changes
- Full cycle implementation experience and optimization experience
- Expertise leading large-scale enterprise optimizations, technology standardization initiatives, and operational/workflow changes
- Demonstrated ability for strategic thinking and executive leadership
- Ability to successfully drive large organizational change with demonstrated success in navigating transformation initiatives in large healthcare organizations
- Ability to navigate across IT and operations teams at healthcare organizations while expanding Epic implementations
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Healthcare background
- 3rd party software implementation
- Leading initiatives in excess of 10 million dollars
- Project Management background
- CDO, ACO, IPA, Hospital or Ambulatory background
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Director of Application Technology, Epic, EMR, IHR, implement, integrate, configure, instance, lead, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, West Coast, Everett, WA, Washington