The Sr. Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for coordinating and directing the Employee Relations programs and functions. These functions include responsibility for developing, interpreting, and recommending program goals and objectives, policies, and procedures, and courses of action and training. The incumbent is responsible for managing the employee relations activities according to established guidelines and sound administrative practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists in supporting the employee relations function for the department. Assists in planning, developing and implementing new and revised employee relations programs, policies, practices, procedures and best practices. Provides support in the administration of employee relations matters and related policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing employee relations programs, policies, practices and procedures, evaluates and/or recommends changes which enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of operations and services.
- Assists in the development, documentation and maintenance of compliance process and procedures to enhance and streamline processes and ensure compliance with related regulatory requirements.
- Supervises and provides support/guidance for employee relations activities to include, but not limited to, employee counseling and coaching, complaint investigations, unlawful discrimination or harassment charges, reviewing and/or recommending corrective/disciplinary action, EEOC charges, assessing reduction activity/RIFs.
- Responsible for unemployment claim data gathering and responding to claims and/or appearing for unemployment hearings with assistance of unemployment claim vendor.
- Responsible for required reporting; Affirmative Action, EEO-1 and Vets-4212 data compiling and analyzing.
- Speaking with individual contributors and leaders of various levels, face to face, via email, phone, etc.
- Investigates problems, such as: working conditions, disciplinary actions, and employee and applicant appeals and grievances. Documents and provides guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to departmental officials and individuals.
- Implements and provides guidance to management/staff in their administration, and ensures programs and administration are consistent with departmental objectives and attentive to related policies and regulations.
- Provides consultation, support and training to all levels of management and Human Resources Business Partners on employee relations policies, practices, procedures and related decisions.
- Acts as a resource to ensure fair and consistent interpretation, implementation, communication and administration of related program, policies and initiatives.
- Provides support in developing and establishing in-service employee training as well as recommends trainings in an effort to upgrade managerial, technical, and support-level productivity.
- Works with Human Resources staff and departmental leadership to assist in ensuring HR policies and procedures are appropriately aligned with departmental goals, objectives and culture, and attentive to federal, state and local laws and the State Personnel Board Rules and Regulations.
- Tracks/logs employee relations and corrective action activities; compiles/analyzes/reports/presents data and findings; identifies trends and recommends and/or implements corrective action
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations in order to ensure departmental compliance.
- Prepares and presents required and special reports and presentations.
- Maintain employer-employee relationships that contribute to satisfactory productivity, motivation, and morale.
- Ability to work independently.
- Travel, national 20%, may vary based on business conditions.
- Physical presence in the office.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University preferably in Human Resource Management or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in Employee Relations or HR Generalist/Specialist role with supervisory duties or position of responsibility or J.D. and one year of employment law/labor relations experience in lieu of HR experience.
- HR experience preferably in a large company (5000+ employees).
- Previous experience investigating claims and providing resolution for complex concerns.
- Previous experience with building relationships, coaching and counseling across all levels of management.
- Previous experience with analyzing workforce metrics and employee trends and patterns.
- Ability to multi-task within a deadline oriented environment.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Certified in one of the following: Professional in Human Resources (PHR), Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP).
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing privately owned full-service residential lenders in the USA. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage has over 5000 employees nationwide, proudly servicing $225.6 billion, and is still growing.
Our mission is to foster homeownership in America. Freedom is a leader in VA mortgage lending and is one of the mortgage industry’s largest philanthropic supporters of the USO and military families through its Team Freedom Cares philanthropic arm.
Locations include suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named Top Workplaces. We also have large operating centers countrywide, including these desirable markets: Beaverton , OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Melville, NY; Plano, TX; San Dimas, CA; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA.
If you seek a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package and reward and recognition program, look no further.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. Smoke-free workplace. Drug-free work environment. Excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during this search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans