Genesis10 is seeking a Sr. IP Engineer for our client. This position can be worked remotely and is a direct-hire opportunity.
- This position is responsible for Designing, Implementing, and Supporting Network and Services on a Service Provider Network. The position requires the ability to work independently and/or on a team on highly complex projects.
- Successful candidate must have advanced knowledge of networking technologies and vendors such as Nokia, Cisco, and Juniper. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication skills, and customer relation skills are a must. Must be able work outside normal business hours and be on-call as tiered support.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus five to eight years of experience in telecommunications/service provider industry is desired.
- Professional certifications are a plus.
- Engineering Design, Implementation, and Supporting Service Provider Network (Internet, Video, Voice)
- Creating Methods of Procedure to Implement Network Changes
- Researching, Testing, and Implementing Engineering Best Practices and Continuous Improvement. Creating Documents and Scripts for Consistency.
- Tiered and On-Call support for Network and Customer Issues.
- Providing Internal Support for Engineering and Operations Teams.
- Driving Projects to Resolution
- Strong experience with Nokia 7750, Cisco ASR, and Juniper MX Routing Platforms
- Expert at IP and MPLS – Industry Certifications a Plus
- Operational Mindset to Continuously Improve Network and Services While Protecting Customers
- Experience with Networking Tools and Network Management Systems (NSP, Solarwinds, 6Connect, Netbrain, IPAM)
- Strong Technical Writing and Documentation Skills
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com.
“Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”