- Develop, evangelize and execute the creative/UX strategy for Optum consumer-facing products and services
- Lead teams in all aspects of the mobile design delivery: strategic definition, concepting, prototyping, detailed UX/UI, photography, research participation, documenting and testing of experience balancing user research/needs with business objectives/challenges
- Translates abstract concepts and problems into simple, elegant, and innovative designs expressed in sketches, diagrams, and rapid prototypes for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Advocate for innovative, consumer-centric and consistent experiences through the prototypes designed. Having a deep understanding of our products within the many channels we influence; Online, Mobile, Telephonic, Social, In-person, Email, Mail, etc. and seeing how they fit together to create the best experience for our consumers
- Work collaboratively with the experience design team to understand key user needs and business goals, ideate new concepts that meet the needs of both users and the business while stretching our creativity
- Ability to seek, analyze, apply and advocate based on consumer insights (user data, analytics and requirements, etc.) to inform and shape digital consumer experiences through the entire suite of products both for Optum’s consumers as well as Optum’s users (e.g. nurses and wellness coaches)
- Develop and provide successful strategic and tactical design recommendations based on technical feasibility, usability findings and standard design practices
- Work collaboratively with development and accessibility teams to understand constraints and identify opportunities to modernize our product design for consumers
- Willingness to constructively challenge current thinking across the enterprise, pushing boundaries and driving change that will deliver exceptional user-centric experiences
- Drives and evangelizes Design thought leadership in the organization
- Mentors and develops talent within the organization
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Exceptional design talents and a portfolio that evidences stylistic breadth that demonstrates sensitivity to diverse subject matter, design targets and media (mobile / brand)
- 3-6 years relevant work experience in mobile digital consumer product design field
- College degree or equivalent work experience required in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, and / or equivalent degree or experience
- Proficency in design tools (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, among others)
- Requires strong and flexible skills in visual design, illustration, interactive design, iconography, typography, photography, motion design and familiarity with frontend technologies
- Portfolio demonstrating cross-channel expertise and skill in creating user-centric digital experiences online and mobile
- Has strong presentation skills and the ability to interact with and win support from team members and at varying levels cross-company
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Superb information design abilities, fastidious and efficient production and optimization habits, and impeccable problem solving skills
- Strong digital experience capability and command of usability and design principles, and digital channel / product best practices
- Self-motivation, excellent communication, an open mind, the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams, and the skills to balance great design with short deadlines
- Human-centered design proficiency
- Exhibits a high degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness and works well with ambiguity
- Experience in using A / B and Multi-variate testing information and analytics to identify improvements and continually optimize based on data and defined success measures
- Experience working with complex, enterprise-level user-facing and internal systems, including CMS, commerce, device integration, search and social
- Deep passion for digital products and channels, constantly keeping abreast of latest trends, best practices and competitive activity
- A fearless and positive attitude
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision