Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Proposal Writer is responsible for coordinating, writing, and reviewing highly complex market proposals as part of the State Government Solutions team within Optum. As an integral member of the proposal process, this individual works closely with the capture management, proposal management, sales, finance, contracts, legal and subject matter experts to create winning, high-quality, compliant, and compelling State government health care proposals.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- The Senior Proposal Writer is accountable for assessing RFP requirements for large, high-visibility and complex bids
- This requires an acute understanding of the customer’s needs, our product and service offerings, as well as effective relationship management with stakeholders to fully understand and articulate the proposed solution
- Collaborating closely with the capture and sales teams to define strategy and writing complex and strategic responses and executive summaries is also a must
- A critical component of this position is the ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and complex environment where multiple leaders influence and drive the RFP response
- Health care proposal-writing experience, strong interpersonal skills, and excellent business-to-business writing skills are required, along with experience working with sales, capture, solutions, pricing, and other functions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BA or BS degree in English, Journalism, healthcare-related science or equivalent work experience
- 5+ of proposal development writing experience within the healthcare market, preferably supporting state government healthcare
- Demonstrated complex proposal writing experience
- Experience with one or more proposal development/collaboration tools (e.g., Privia, MS Teams, MS SharePoint, Qvidian, RFPIO)
- Analytical/critical-thinking skills for understanding complex product offerings, value propositions, and defining them in succinct, persuasive written responses
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; proactively seeking guidance on complex tasks, as needed
- Proficiency in proposal processes, identifying gaps and recommend solutions to improve quality and efficiency
- Ability to perform effectively under pressure and to practice strong organizational skills when faced with multiple, time-sensitive priorities
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and negotiating skills
- Solid critical thinking, problem resolution, and time management skills
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: proposal writer, writer, RFP, state government, telecommute, remote, work from home