Location: Indianapolis, IN
Description: Our client is currently seeking a Sr. Software Engineer
This job will have the following responsibilities:
- The senior software engineer is experienced with virtual reality and simulation software development, networking, and release.
- The successful candidate uses and provides creative solutions to complex technical system and software integration problems using DevOps/Agile process and tools in a team environment.
- The candidate, as part of a software development team, will work closely with Systems Engineers to design ideal solutions with end user and operational needs in mind.
- The senior software engineer will work to employ best practice software tools and processes throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Serve as software technical lead and perform architecture, design, code implementation, integration, test and documentation in both legacy and new product areas to include virtual reality, 3D, and 2D systems
- Lead assigned software team’s technical evolution to include mentoring other developers in new or unfamiliar and challenging concepts
- Help team leaders establish project plans and schedules, identify resource requirements, and drive/monitor team progress
- Serve as liaison to functional users of supported systems. Demonstrate ability to communicate with users to extract and define needs
- Present work to diverse audiences including technical and nontechnical and demonstrate willingness to assist team and business leads in strategic planning for new capabilities
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5-10+ years’ experience with virtual reality/simulation software development including experience with Unreal Engine
- Ability to understand and apply 2D and 3D mathematical concepts as they relate to common 3D graphics principles and rendering algorithms
- Familiarity with automated testing systems, game patching systems and product deployment
- 8 -10+ years’ experience designing and developing C++ or C# applications in Windows and/or Linux environments
- Object Oriented Analysis (OOA) and Object Oriented Design (OOD) skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills; able to work closely in a multi-discipline team on a daily basis
- Experience with scripting (Ruby, Perl, Python, PHP, etc.)
- Experience with agile (Scrum, Kanban, Scrumban, SAFe, eXtreme Programming, etc)
- Experience and/or knowledge with DevOps and Continuous Integration
- Experience and/or knowledge with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) like Android Studio, Eclipse, MS Visual Studio, and Team Foundation Server, Jira
- Experience with Automated Testing and Automated Test Frameworks (ex: Ranorex, Cucumber/Gherkin)
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]