Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
Our ideal candidate will possess previous experience doing Python development and is ready to move into Big Data Extract Transform and Load (ETL) using Cloudera Hadoop (CDH 6.x). The Hadoop environment serves as Navient’s Big Data solution with the ability to store near 1PB of information.
Duties will include maintaining and improving the Python-based ETL framework that loads TBs worth of data into Hadoop every day. This individual will be working with both business and IT areas to develop solutions from design through implementation. The primary focus will be around Hadoop development. Previous Hadoop experience is not required but must show strong ability to be a self-starter and quickly pick up new technologies. Navient is slotted to move our Big Data solution into Azure in the next 18 months.
- Design, code, debug, test, document and maintain Hadoop solutions based on established technical design.
- Provides Hadoop coding support to ensure Hadoop jobs are running efficiently.
- Maintains best-practices, standards and procedures documentation.
- Modernize ETL framework written in Python.
- Enhance our Python Django-based internal website for ETL developers.
Hadoop Production Support
- Provide on-call support to the Hadoop environment.
- Research and resolve production problems.
- Aid in troubleshooting issues with Hadoop users.
- Provide assistance to business areas using Hadoop to support their processes.
- 3 years software application development experience in Python (Additional education may substitute).
- Bachelor's degree in Informatics, Computer Science, Computer technology or related area (Additional experience may substitute).
- Must demonstrate and provide specific examples on initiative for emerging technology research.
- Ability to provide clear communication to management on issue identification and resolution.
- Must be able to obtain High risk (6C) public trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, must possess U.S. citizenship.
- Linux Bash experience
- Git, TFS, SVN or equivalent version control experience
- Hadoop experience
- Must understand the full software development cycle.
- Strong problem solving and analytical ability.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.