Navient (Nasdaq: NAVI) provides asset management and business processing solutions to education, healthcare and government clients at the federal, state, and local levels. We help our clients and millions of Americans achieve financial success through our services and support. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, Navient employs team members in Western New York, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Indiana, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and other locations. Learn more at navient.com.
The Senior Technical Architect will be responsible for providing senior level direction and technical consulting on decisions and priorities regarding the enterprise’s application architecture, systems architecture/infrastructure, and general technology-based initiatives. This position plays a pivotal role in defining and delivering solutions that support both existing and emerging lines of business. Additionally, this position may be tasked with designing and creating roadmaps, reference architectures and proof-of-concept solutions.
- Analyze the system requirements for medium-to-large scale projects. May work individually, with other areas within Information Technology (e.g. Database, Server, Information Security, etc.) and with Business Analysts to evaluate and design solutions such as customer facing web applications, contact center applications, Windows server based voice/messaging applications, workflow-based decision management applications, etc.
- Provide senior level strategies for technology components including operating systems, server/desktop technologies, virtualization, storage technologies, database, telephony and network connectivity.
- With business requirements in mind, perform market analysis and provide recommendations related to applicable 3rd party offerings and emerging technologies.
- Research and recommend solutions that drive cost out of the company by embracing automation and efficiency.
- Develop and document reference architectures and cost models for solutions which leverage existing and emerging technology components and services.
- Review major changes to assigned systems. Ensure optimal decisions have been made regarding analysis, design, and implementation of all projects.
- Maintain awareness of standards, guidelines, generally accepted best practices and industry trends related to infrastructure and application architecture.
- Develop and maintain IT technology roadmaps and other strategic planning artifacts.
- Serve as the last point of escalation for technical problems.
Business Customer Engagement/Relationship Management
- Work with internal and external business users to analyze requests and the initial definition of changes to the business functions.
- Help business partners to understand scope, feasibility, risk, and cost of requested capabilities (and suggest alternatives where applicable).
- Maintain a horizontal view across multiple business lines to streamline capability requests as appropriate.
- Provide technical mentoring to other Technical Architects and IT team members.
- Maintain professional relationships with peers, organization wide.
- Provide senior level architectural oversight on multiple IT projects simultaneously.
- Educate project delivery teams on reference architectures. Stays engaged through solution delivery and adapt architectures as needed.
- Deliver and manage technology proofs of concept. Interpret the results and incorporate them into technology recommendations.
- Participate in special projects requiring a blend of technical and business expertise.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Computer Technology or a related discipline ** Additional experience above the required minimum, can substitute for the required level of education. **
- A minimum of 10 years of technology experience in an Enterprise environment including at least:
- 8 years of experience as a technology lead with technical decision-making responsibilities AND
- 5 years of experience in Solution ArchitectureOR5 years of experience in Application Development
- Strong experience architecting and developing integrations between 3rd party applications and internally developed systems
- Strong experience in application development with web technologies (i.e. HTML, .Net, .Net Core, Java, REST, JSON)
- Strong experience with RDBMS technologies (SQL Server, Oracle)
- Experience with public clouds, private clouds, Infrastructure-as-a-Service offerings, and Platform-as-a-Service offerings
- Experience with Live Chat technologies
- Experience with Agile development techniques and collaborative development and deployment (DevOps)
- Development techniques including dependency injection and test-driven development
- Knowledge of SOLID principles
- Familiarity with virtualization technologies (VMware/Citrix/Microsoft)
- Familiarity with RDA/RPA technologies (i.e. Pega, UIPath)
- Familiarity with enterprise level workflow/case management/BPM technologies
- Familiarity with data analytics and machine learning
- Familiarity with big data/NoSQL technologies (i.e. Hadoop, Cloudera, MapReduce, Hive)
- Familiarity with mobile development technologies (i.e. Swift/Objective C, Java, Xamarin)
- Familiarity with DevOps and DevSecOps
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery pipelines / technologies (i.e. TFS, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Spinnaker, etc.)
- Familiarity with container and container orchestration technologies (i.e. Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Knowledge of Microservices architecture
- Familiarity with the API gateway pattern
- Knowledge of IT related security and compliance regulations (i.e. PCI, FISMA, FedRAMP, Pub 1075)
- Applicable industry certifications are a plus
- Ability to effectively communication with C-Level officers, VPs, technical and non-technical contacts
- Excellent ability to take a highly conceptual business need and translate it into a technical structure that can be concretely implemented.
- Excellent ability to build relationships with incumbents at all levels in the organization.
- Strong organizational skills, planning skills and communication (written and oral) skills
- Demonstrated ability to independently analyze and design complex system within a minimum time frame.
- Ability to mitigate complex issues in a Professional and timely manner
- Ability to work independently while keeping Manager informed
- Occasional overnight travel may be required (less than 5%)
- Navient is a federal government contractor. This position may require either 5C or 6C trust security clearance. Candidates under consideration will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
All offers of employment are contingent on standard background checks. Navient and certain of its affiliated companies are federal, state and/or local government contractors. Should this position support a Federal Government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. Positions that support state and/or local contracts also may require additional background checks to determine eligibility and suitability.
EOE Race/Ethnicity/Sex/Disability/Protected Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Navient Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
Navient is a drug free workplace.