Calumet Specialty Products partners, L.P. is a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. Our product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petroleum and hydrocarbon gels. Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more? Go to www.calumetspecialty.com to learn all about our amazing line of products.
The Staff Accountant is responsible for performing key monthly close activities, such as journal entry preparation, reporting, reconciliations and variance analysis. Assist with budget, forecasts and external audit compliance. Prepare ad hoc reports and perform other complex tasks with minimum supervision. Participate in projects, including continuous improvement initiatives, to further improve accuracy, timeliness and efficiencies.
• Prepare and review journal entries, with emphasis on complete and accurate accruals
• Prepare various forms of variance analysis, reporting schedules and account reconciliations
• Perform internal audit procedures to ensure all journal entry support is complete
• Compile, analyze, reconcile and interpret data for sales, inventory, operating expenses or other complex transactions
• Create ad hoc reports and schedules in an efficient manner
• Proactively identify process improvement initiatives and implement them to realize objectives of increased accuracy and efficiency
• Assist external auditors with annual financial statement and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) audits
• Provide support and expertise in the preparation of annual budgets, monthly and quarterly progress reports and periodic forecast updates
• Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data. Prepares spreadsheet reports and other tools for use by a variety of internal and external customers
• Participate in or lead special projects and successfully complete both routine and non-routine tasks with limited supervision
• Perform all duties with emphasis on internal customer service
• Ensure all work is conducted according to company policies and procedures and all work is documented thoroughly while maintaining (supporting) internal as well external controls to ensure safeguarding of assets and accuracy of financial information
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• 2+ years of professional accounting experience
• High level of proficiency in Excel to include lookups and pivot tables required; some experience with Excel Macros
• Excellent oral and written communication skills required to interact with a wide-range of customers, including Senior Management
• Ability to define problems, identify solutions and follow through to completion
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Attention to detail and strong reconciliation skills
• Must have strong time management and planning skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet deadlines
• SAP experience
• Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles and ability to apply them to the organization’s accounting needs
• Familiar with internal control framework and SOX compliance
• High level of proficiency with ERP/Accounting systems experience
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.