The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting the CFO in completion of accounting, financial and human resources functions. Primary responsibilities include processing billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash management, payroll, and monthly closing and reporting functions. The Staff Accountant will also support the CFO in preparing for annual audit, budgeting and tax return preparation and filing processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Able to read and interpret agreements, then implement the relevant provisions of these agreements
- Highest personal integrity
- Exceptional work ethic
- Credible, ethical, full disclosure and clean financial history
- Understands the ethical standards of a CPA, including confidential treatment inside and outside the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks and maintain control and order over same.
- Able to analyze, organize, summarize and articulate complex financial information
- Good command of English language and able to proofread work
- Responsible team-player with the ability to quickly prioritize among numerous pressing tasks
- Task and goal oriented and capable of functioning in an entrepreneurial and corporate setting
- Entrepreneurial passion
- Goal-oriented with strong project execution capabilities
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- This is an early-career position for someone looking to become a Senior Accountant, Assistant Controller, Controller, CFO.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- CMA or CPA candidate strongly preferred, but not required
- 1+ years experience in accounting and finance sector
- Non-profit / government accounting experience preferred, but not required
- Strong computer skills in the operation and function of all programs used by the organization including Quickbooks, Microsoft Office, Concur, Kronos, Bill.com
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- Strong speaking and listening skills
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail
- Ability to interact with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence