Vaco Indianapolis has partnered with a Non Profit organization located in Indianapolis to fill a Staff Accountant/Finance Manager opportunity.
This is a direct hire / full time position.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Evaluate, develop, and recommend fiscal policies and procedures that will result in sound fiscal management of the organization.
- Conduct all bookkeeping functions.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate financial operating results.
- Conduct all accounting functions and maintain all official accounting records.
- Maintain payroll operations to ensure the efficient handling of employees' pay, deductions, and benefit payments including 401(k) deductions.
- Oversee the appropriate spending of Federal, State, and private grants.
- Conduct month-end closing process including account reconciliations, accruing revenue and deferred revenue, and other month-end accounting transactions.
- Manage year-end financial processes with appropriate reporting.
- Regularly review the agency budget with senior management team.
- Coordinate with outside auditors to facilitate the annual financial audit.
- Other tasks as directed.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- A minimum of two years of finance and/or accounting experience.
- Experience collaborating with a diverse and dynamic team.
- Proficient in use of database systems, online banking systems, QuickBooks, and Excel.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience with Grant administration is a plus!