Here are a few of the daily responsibilities of a Staff Development:
- Assists the Director of Health Services (DHS) to plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the nursing service department, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the Health Campus.
- Maintains accurate records of Nursing staff licensure and certifications including state specific requirements i.e, CPR, TB, etc.
- Assists in developing methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents’ total regimen of care.
- Participates in facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as directed by the DHS or the Executive Director.
- Creates the campuses four (4) week Master set schedule.
- Makes adjustments as needed according to budgetary constraints, census fluctuations, calls-offs, and pre-planned leaves of absence.
- Manages, supports, coordinates and approves all employees' PTO requests, Holiday rotations, and shift trades.
- Generates and posts all required postings such as BIPA, daily assignment sheets and monthly schedules.
- Manages nursing hours (PPD) and proper staff ratio to census.
- Monitors overtime closely with the goal of decreasing/eliminating overtime.
- Manages time and attendance, including points, buy-back, awarding STARS for shift pickups.
- Anticipates staffing needs, recruits and takes rapid action to partner with Employee Services with the goal of minimizing open positions.
- Maintains and monitors preceptor needs.
- Meets each new employee to review their schedule, ask what needs they have and ensure a smooth onboarding experience.
- Assists with onboarding coordination and classes.
- Adheres to Trilogy Scheduling Standards, SmartLinx utilization and best practices.
- Recognizes employees, mediates staff conflicts and supports employee development.
- Rounds on each shift to provide review of consistent staffing levels.
You would be a great fit for our team if you have the following:
- Must possess, at a minimum, a Nursing Degree from an accredited college or university. Must have and maintain a current, valid state LPN and current, valid CPR certification required.
- Supervisory/management skills required.
- Problem solving skills required.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise other personnel.
- Must be able to read, write and follow written and oral instructions in English.
- Must be able to make independent decisions concerning above job duties.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family member, visitors, government agencies/personnel, vendors, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
Springhurst Health Campus
Shelbi (317) 820-2363
Headquartered in Louisville, KY, Trilogy Health Services was founded in December 1997 and is dedicated to being the Best Healthcare Company in the Midwest by providing exceptional, comprehensive care to seniors in our living communities. Trilogy has over 100 locations and continues to grow across IN, OH, MI and KY. Join our growing company and experience the Trilogy Difference. We care for you while you care for others. #C4U
The Trilogy Advantage
- Competitive Salaries & Weekly Pay
- Earn a degree for FREE with our Purdue Global partnership
- FREE Health Insurance Option + up to $1,500 in company contributions
- Tuition Reimbursement, Scholarships and Student Loan Repayment
- Employee Celebrations
- And much more!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Trilogy Hires Heroes Just Like YOU!