SWC Information Technology Specialist
Reports To: Region Manager
Salaried with Full Benefit Package including 401k
Salaried with Full Benefit Package including 401k
Primary Role: Responsible for implementing and maintaining Rauland Nurse Call servers and related systems, integrating to wireless technologies (phones and pagers), location systems, electronic staffing and census, and reporting systems; staying current on health care IT technology trends and processes.
1. Works as a team with CAS and PMs to successfully achieve project goals while meeting deadlines for system implementation.
2. Install, configure, and maintain Rauland Responder server applications and other healthcare systems provided by SWC in coordination with customers.
3. Install, configure, and maintain interfaces between nurse call system and other hospital systems provided by SWC or third parties (HL7 s/w, PBX, Middleware, RTLS, etc.)
4. Implement and maintain designed workflows within R5 and other healthcare system configurations.
5. Plan, coordinate, and implement various network components and overall systems for products provided to customers.
6. Conforms to set standards for configuration and integration policies developed by SWC.
7. Analyze and resolve network, software and communication problems using diagnostic software and/or technical troubleshooting processes.
8. Assist Sales force in technical presentation of healthcare systems provided by SWC, while interfacing directly with customer IT Staff.
9. Provide sales and technical staff with support on both a pre and post-sales basis.
10. Takes on-call rotation for level 2 support with other ITS team members.
11. Abides by and enforces security policies consistent with SWC and customer standards.
12. Comply with all SWC and customer policies, including health and safety issues.
13. Other duties as required or assigned.
Accountability: The IT Specialist will be accountable to the Branch Manager for task completion and to the Director of Technical Services for process adherence and implementation standards. Secondary accountability will be to the other executive management team members, General Managers and customers of the company.
Qualifications: A minimum of a two-year degree from an accredited college or university with course work in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. Minimum of 3 years of broad based progressive experience in information systems and technology integration. Knowledge of specific systems is a plus including: Rauland R5, RTLS (Versus, Elpas, etc.), Telephony (Ascom, Spectralink, etc). IT certifications are considered a plus.
Required Knowledge, Abilities, Skills:
1. Strong motivation to learn new systems primarily through on the job training and self-study, supported by scheduled classes, to provide solutions on implementations, and solve issues while exemplifying strong problem-solving skills.
2. High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Server operating systems (Server 2012 or newer).
3. Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
4. Understands general database implementation and administration with Microsoft SQL Server experience preferred.
5. General understanding of network topologies and network protocols such as TCP/IP and SIP.
6. Understands Web server administration, configuration and integration of applications.
7. Ability to work within a large team environment to design, test and implement the technical solution required to accomplish the statement of work within the designated project schedule.
8. Must be able to demonstrate planning, organizing, controlling, and implementing skills, which allow the proper prioritization and successful completion of tasks with limited guidance.
9. Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations and manage multiple tasks successfully.
10. Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to perform and communicate technical review for technical and non-technical audiences as needed for proper coordination.
11. Excellent customer service skills to deal with both external and internal customers and ability to work with diverse groups to resolve conflicts.
12. Willingness to follow set standards while providing constructive feedback for improvement.
13. ?Ability to train junior team members.
14. Valid and current driver’s license.
Additional Desirable Experience, Abilities, Certifications:
1. Windows Server 2016: MSCA track Certifications.
2. Cisco Certifications: CCENT and above
3. Experience maintaining Application servers and support APP team for Application and OS troubleshooting.
4. Experience in developing and maintaining Technical Documentation and Instructions.
5. Experience developing best practices for maintaining server’s standard to sustain a high availability of systems.
6. Understanding of Data Center technologies and experience with maintaining a Data Center for a medium to large data center with Disaster Recovery planning.
7. Experience providing detailed migration plans for systems, performing migrations and post-migration validation.
8. Load Balancing experience (generic, netscaler, F5, kemp), manage limit access to other hosts, troubleshooting, health checks.
9. SQL general, transactional, historical experience.
10. SQL HA, clustering and Always-on experience.
11. Data Analytics experience.
12. ITIL Change management experience.
13. IT Project management experience.
14. SIP and Brekeke (HA design) experience.
15. Wireless Telephony deployment experience (Spectralink, Zebra preferred).
Travel and Work Location: Some overnight travel will be required. Flexible work location including branch office, job sites and work from home when appropriate. Primary work location will be assigned branch office.
Physical, Mental and Environmental Requirements:
1. Employee is required to stand, walk, climb, sit and use hands and fingers.
2. Some light lifting of objects is required.
3. Reaching, grasping and carrying activities also required.
4. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
5. Although most work is performed inside, occasional outside activities are subject to seasonal temperature fluctuations.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or management to perform other instructions and duties. Management has the right to revise this description at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason as outlined in the employee manual or other written agreement.