BCforward is seeking a Systems Admin for Indianapolis
Location is fishers IN
Client is Navient
Admin will participate in cloud migration project to MS Azure. Initial contract will be for 6 months with a high probability of extension through 2020. Initiates automated scripts for the VM migration from on-prem to Azure. Follow up tasks include verifying AD configuration, network communication and agent functionality (SCCM, SCOM, Sophos, etc). Some after-hours migration work is possible.
Admin will participate in general Windows administration tasks, mostly related to upgrades from Windows Server 2008 to 2016. New builds, retirements, performance monitoring, add/removing CPU/memory/storage.
Must have the ability to obtain government clearances as required by various Navient contracts. Initial contract will be for 6 months with opportunity to go permanent after 6 months
• Experience with Windows Server 2008, 2012 and 2016 in a virtualized environment
• Experience with Windows Server troubleshooting in a large corporate environment
• Must be familiar with Active Directory and Windows user access procedures
• Must be familiar with various Windows Server management processes: monitoring, antivirus, backups, etc.
• Must be familiar with corporate change management procedures
• Must be familiar with Windows disk management: adding, expanding, reclaiming
• Experience with MS SCCM, MS SCOM and ServiceNow
• Experience with VMWare ESX and MS HyperV
• Experience with Powershell and Azure Automation (Runbooks)
• Linux and Unix experience a plus
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 107180 when responding to this ad.