Req ID: 4895
Schedule: Full Time
Eskenazi Health serves as the public hospital division of the Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County. Physicians provide a comprehensive range of primary and specialty care services at the 327-bed hospital and outpatient facilities both on and off of the Eskenazi Health downtown campus as well as at 10 Eskenazi Health Center sites located throughout Indianapolis.
FLSA Status Non-Exempt Job Role Summary The Team Captain, RN is the nurse responsible for the overall care of patients assigned to their team's providers. This includes risk assessment and coordination of care for high risk patients, tracking quality metrics, delivering elements of patient education, and serving as the principal point of contact for patients and other care providers outside of face-to-face appointments. The Team Captain supervises and directs the activities of team nurses and support staff. Essential Functions and Responsibilities Leadership:
- Innovates, takes risks and experiments to improve outcomes
- Manages timelines/deadlines of team projects and site projects as assigned.
- Signs off on staff competencies.
- Participates in interview process and evaluations for clinical positions.
- An active listener to the patient, family, and staff member in conflict.
- Remains calm in a conflict situation
- Works to seek a solution that is good for both parties to the conflict.
- Promotes practice growth through attracting and retaining new patients
- Ensures requests for medication refills, test results, and other patient concerns are completed in a timely manner.
- Works patient panels to meet quality metrics by outreaching to patients who need disease- or age-specific screening and testing.
- Works with team providers and team members to provide patient education regarding diagnoses, medications, and wellness and self-management skills.
- Provides nurse visits for patients assigned to the team, and ensures that team members provide care within their scope of practice.
Initiative & Growth:
- Demonstrates a self-directed work effort aligned with team goals.
- Works collaboratively in the care and care management of patients and their families.
- Demonstrates clinical nursing competence, understanding of job expectations and compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Accountable for the safety and care of the patients/families within the team's panel.
- Functions as a resource to the team and others within the health center and EHC.
- Uses critical thinking skills in the care of the patients/families and to resolve issues within the team.
- Registered Nurse required; with current license to practice in the State of Indiana
- LPN to RN -2 years LPN experience required
- RN -1 year RN experience required.
- One year previous leadership experience strongly preferred
- BSN preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Fully proficient verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of emotional intelligence; self-awareness, self-regulation, motivation, empathy and social skills.
- High levels of accuracy, productivity and good judgment required in developing and maintaining a positive public and community image.
- Detail oriented, solid organizational ability
- Superior customer relations abilities
- Ability to work independently, devise own work patterns and prioritize tasks
- Capable of handling multiple tasks and projects concurrently
- Demonstrates excellent writing skills, creative excellent listening/interviewing skills, sound project and management skills
- Advanced computer skills required, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Creative, innovative; utilizes the Plan-Do-Check-Act methodology to drive continuous improvement
- Utilizes age-, education- and socially-appropriate communication skills
- Skills in interpersonal relations, conflict resolution, education, community & organizational development.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and perform effective problem-solving functions.
- Knowledge of human behavior, social environment and agency resources
- Works effectively with a wide variety of professionals, patients and their families.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, prepare necessary reports and make recommendations.