Prefer Local Candidates
- Develop and maintain routine work procedures and define standard designs, installation, support and upgrade methodologies for Data network. Responsibilities may include evaluation, acquisition, design, installation, integration testing, upgrading components, operational support and performance monitoring of the data network environment.
- Provides engineering/technical expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems. Design of Cisco networks. Understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 switching. Understanding of Spanning tree protocols. Understand subnetting. Understanding of the layers of the OSI model. Understanding TCP and UDP. Understanding of Access control lists. Understanding of how and when to use certain statements on Cisco routers and switches. Understanding of EIGRP, OSPF and BGP. Understanding of routing protocols, what types and when to use.
- Contributes to team decision-making in the accomplishment of business goals and objectives through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities;
- Conducts engineering and related studies; completes routine projects with minimal oversight with increasing ability to independently manage project schedules and interfaces; increasingly competent to design, operate and maintain systems with moderate impact on existing systems.
- Possesses and applies the fundamental concepts, practices and procedures; proficient in technical and analytical competencies. Design and implement metrics and reports to effectively monitor systems. Recommend and design solution to resolve issues.