ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY - I (IN-ENGT-IUINA)
Assist with the expansion and refinement of efforts provided by the Office of Career Services and Professional Development. Market and advertise the Internship and Cooperative Education Program to students. Develop, administer, and expand student internship and co-op programming for undergraduate and graduate students in the School. Market career related services to undergraduate, graduate students and alumni. Provide comprehensive career counseling to students and alumni.
Duties and responsibilities include:
• Assist with current internship, cooperative education, and career efforts, including activities such as, communicating and coordinating with faculty, staff, and student organizations to increase student awareness and interest in internship, co-op and career assistance.
• Publicize internship, co-op, and career opportunities through the school's recruiting system. Counsel students and alumni on all facets and methods of career planning and job searching.
• Establish and maintain communication pathways to promote internships, co-ops, and career opportunities. Assist in coordinating the school's career services efforts with other units on campus. Promote and utilize existing campus software to facilitate employer and student interaction.
• Assist in the growth and development of the Internship and Cooperative Education Program. Ensure compliance of office policies and procedures.
• Teach and/or co-teach career planning courses for the School of Engineering and Technology.
• Assist in the coordination of campus-wide or school-wide visibility events for employer and student interaction. Participate in the IUPUI Internship Council to help develop campus-wide recruiting efforts.
• Organize career service activities such as, resume review workshops, mock interviews, employer information sessions, and others.
• Represent the school at appropriate campus activities as requested.
• Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Bachelor's degree and one year of related experience.
Ability to effectively communicate and exchange information with a wide variety of individuals, excellent interpersonal skills, and a customer service orientation.
Salary Plan: HR
Salary Grade: HR
This posting is scheduled to close at 12:01am EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but it will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Campus Safety and Security