Praxair Surface Technologies (PST), a subsidiary of Linde, PLC, a Fortune 300 company that supplies atmospheric, process, specialty gases, high-performance coatings, and related services & technologies is seeking a Materials Scientist specializing in Thermal Barrier Coatings to work at our corporate Research and Development Center located in Indianapolis, IN.
The Thermal Spray Engineer will conduct research and development on thermal spray devices and coatings. This is a hands-on position requiring innovative thinking, documentation of ideas, process development, and implementation into production.
Thermal Spray Engineer
- Leads efforts in research, development and introduction (application development) of new or improved coatings for wear, thermal and corrosion protection by thermal spray.
- To be successful in this role, a candidate must demonstrate a track record of innovative thinking and technical accomplishments
- Understands the commercial objectives of a project and defines technical parameters and requirements to achieve these objectives
- Resolves technical roadblocks to maintain progress to product development milestones
- Develops contingency actions and provides technical leadership to resolve both production and customer related issues related to the product line
- Works closely with Sales and Customer Service to engage and support the global customer base on current applications, growth opportunities, and customer issues (serves as the technical resource for Sales in addressing technical issues/questions raised by customers)
- Must have strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work both independently and cooperatively in a multidisciplinary environment