This position monitors and coordinates the movement of customer shipments through the ProTrans transportation network. The Transportation Administrator ensures system integrity and escalates shipment issues to the appropriate personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include the following, depending on job assignment.
- Answer Phones
- Schedule Pick up requests
- Facilitates inter-company communications to support customer need and satisfy customer expectations.
- Track and Trace: Ensure customer shipments in ProTrans TMS are running timely to meet the requested delivery date based on agreed-upon en route transit time
- Ensure all shipments in the system are confirmed for pickup and delivery.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Identifies and implements continual improvement initiatives to enhance the performance of the position, team, and company.
- This list should not be considered all-inclusive as other duties may be assigned as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Expertise in multi-tasking
- Proficient with Microsoft Office System (especially Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook ).
Qualified applicants must possess good communication and problem-solving skills. As the Transportation Administrator will be making and receiving many phone calls, verbal communication and listening skills are especially important. The ability to communicate through e-mail, good typing, spelling, and writing skills are also necessary. Basic to intermediate computer knowledge and good interpersonal skills also are important qualities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
HS Diploma/GED required.
Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university; or two to four years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
Ability to interpret documents such as safety and operating instructions.
Bilingual (English/Spanish) is preferred, but not required.
The ability to apply statistical techniques to shipment and delivery data is required.
Ability to solve practical problems.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
This position requires employees in some locations to obtain a Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Certification and Hazardous Material Certification. Employees will be informed during their orientation if they are in one of these locations requiring the above certifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions for this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The position requires the physical ability to work on a computer for several hours at a time. In addition, employees in this position must be able to operate a forklift if required by location and to physically measure freight of various widths and heights. Employees must be able to hear in order to perform their essential job functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.