Seeking a Transportation Professional Engineer or Project Manager for Indianapolis corporate office.
Work will encompass those phases of transportation design required for no less than non-complex roadway design as defined in the latest INDOT Consultant Prequalification Manual. This will include conceptual/feasibility evaluations, preparation of design reports, development of contract documents, bidding assistance, and contract administration and support during construction for roadway and trail type projects.
- Oversee and facilitate transportation projects with regards to the INDOT Consultant Prequalification's Manual
- Conduct various phases of transportation design including: Preparation of design reports, Utilization of traffic software, Development of contract documents, Bidding assistance, Contract administration
- Perform site reviews and studies to ensure designs are aligned with location specifications
- Support other projects such as drainage and site civil design when needed
- Offer solutions in complex problem areas
The Transportation Engineer would be a part of a civil and environmental engineering firm where they will have the chance to make a direct impact on local communities, regional populations, and the environment. This company is an innovative and progressive engineering consulting firm working to assist communities with their most pressing infrastructure needs.
By joining this company, you will be a key companywide resource for transportation designs that impact many of our projects across the state!
Top Skills Details:
1) B.S. in Civil Engineering or Similar Discipline (graduate degree is a plus)
2) Registered as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Indiana (or ability to obtain reciprocity)
3) Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) & LPA design and permitting experience
4) After getting PE, 3-7 years experience in Transportation Design is ideal
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Other skills for this position:
- Experience with storm water engineering and site civil design is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in team environments
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.