Calumet Specialty Products partners, L.P. is a leading independent producer of high-quality, specialty hydrocarbon products. Our product lines include both naphthenic and paraffinic oils, aliphatic solvents, synthetic lubricants, asphalt, fuels, white mineral oils, waxes, petroleum and hydrocarbon gels. Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P. has one of the most diverse specialty hydrocarbon capabilities in the world.
Want to learn more? Go to www.calumetspecialty.com to learn all about our amazing line of products.
PURPOSE AND ROLE:
The Transportation Operations Manager is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of transportation within Calumet with oversight of domestic trucking and rail shipping operations. This role will be responsible to direct and perform analysis, planning and optimization of these
transportation functions utilizing SAP TM. They will ensure the integrity of freight condition records in SAP to ensure correct freight charges are applied or invoiced to customers. They will need to communicate and interact with Calumet operating groups and plant personnel in relation to transportation issues and requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the transportation team to support Calumet’s marketing needs
- Interacts on a frequent basis with Calumet facilities for troubleshooting and optimization
- Manages and develops monthly analysis performance reports
- Establish key performance metrics and identify opportunities to enhance operations
- Plans and directs work, provides training, facilitate interaction with other groups
- Establish goals/objectives, sets performance criteria
- Conducts employee performance reviews and seeks opportunities for professional development
- Manages internal/external audit requests
- Participate with management in long range distribution/transportation plans and budget planning, and other corporate wide or business unit initiatives as required
- Develops, establishes and enforces processes and procedures to ensure the integrity of transportation operations
- Interacts daily with various business units requiring extensive communications with Customer Service, Demand Planning, Sales, Purchasing, Refineries and plants
- Leads or facilitates initiatives/issues involving transportation concerns or matters with various operating, refinery, plant and supply groups to enhance performance of Calumet’s ground transportation requirements
- Manages the day to day SAP TM transportation management platform including setting processes and procedures in collaboration with other stakeholders, monitors key reports and supports key functional users of SAP TM
- Monitors and ensure training compliance of directs regarding transportation regulations such as, but not limited to monitoring compliance with D.O.T. product shipping regulations, keeping safety records and performing audits, obtaining certificates of insurance, verifying operating authorities, and monitoring compliance in accordance with FRA standards
- Drives carrier performance by designing and maintaining carrier scorecards tracking Key Performance Indicator’s
- High level of self-determination and self-management
- Communicates effectively with diverse people at various organizations levels with the right level of detail and sensitivity
- Ability to balance priorities and competing demands
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Transportation / Logistics, Business, Economics or related field
- Progressive leadership experience
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant transportation management experience
- Bulk liquids and package trucking experience (tank trucks, FTL and LTL) including hazardous materials
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of Transportation Law, contract negotiation skills and experience dealing with third party carriers
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point
- Must be able to function in a corporate environment
- SAP/SAP TM experience
- Rail fleet management experience
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.