Weekend Day Shift, Saturday - Monday, 6:00pm-6:00am
Logistics done differently.
Do you want to take your career to the next level with a fast-growing global company? Join XPO Logistics, a company named among the most admired in the world by Fortune and one of America's best employers by Forbes. As the Transportation Supervisor, you will coordinate and handle a variety of transportation activities, as well as supervise day-to-day transportation operations and strive to meet or exceed customer expectations. Become a part of our dynamic team and we'll help you develop your career to a level that will exceed your expectations.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and the opportunity to participate in a company incentive plan.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Act as a liaison for Transportation, Operations, carriers, vendors and customers
- Lead and supervise transportation staff along with dock operations team members in the unloading of inbound material from both drop and live unload equipment, including training and evaluating employee performance; recommend or initiate hiring, promotions, transfers or disciplinary actions
- Perform the routing, planning, updating and/or tracking duties of orders and shipments
- Complete the analysis and resolution of carrier performance and compliance issues
- Track and trace shipments for customers to ensure on time, accurate and satisfactory deliveries; provide updates, as necessary
- Investigate and resolve issues submitted by customers, carriers and/or clients; provide follow-up and reporting as required
- Correctly maintain and generate required reports; properly process, audit and file various documentation
- Manage on-site CDL drivers to ensure efficient movement of assets within three local locations
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 2 years of Transportation and Supply Chain experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Windows applications with ability to create complex formulas in Excel
- Extensive experience with Yard Management and Warehouse Management systems.
It'd be great if you also have:
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills with experience effectively supervising, coaching and influencing employees
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights up to 50 lbs.
- Stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Tolerate hot or cold warehouse and outside environments
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.